My first thought was no, but I’m not going to write it off without trying it in person. I don’t have an echo or google whatever so this is still new territory for me.
    01-27-2018 01:05 PM
    I got it for $339, but I hope so.. will let you know after I pick it up on 2/9. I spend a lot of time in my office with music playing. Now I am using an Echo Dot to a BT speaker. Looking forward to the other aspects like clear voice calls over the Homepod, and have it read messages, add items to my reminders etc. I only treat myself with Apple iOS products, so for me it's a nice gift to myself.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    01-27-2018 01:07 PM
    Earlier in this thread I said no way was I going to get one if you didn’t integrate with iTunes match. However if the sound is fairly good and on par with other options I might be thinking about, it might make sense given that it might just be a software update down the road to allow iTunes match integration. But as others have said nothings coming home with me until I try it out in the store as best as possible
    01-27-2018 07:15 PM
    Well, I’d like to give it a try before judge it. Apple products are no cheap, but in this case the price seems to be just right.
    iBloke likes this.
    01-27-2018 07:34 PM
    As of now, the $350 price tag is not worth it. I bought a wireless JBL speaker for around $150 and even that hasn’t been worth it. I rarely listen to music on it and have no desire to have a digital assistant. But I am curious to see what the 2nd or 3rd generation looks like.
    01-28-2018 03:32 PM
    If it wasnt for Siri’s lack of development I would be mildly interested. The way that it stands though, the Homepod is simply for Music and the very few things siri can do.

Unfortunately for Apple, Sonos has priced a 2 pack of Sonos ones for the same price as the homepod.

2 excellent sounding speakers that offer more playback options in terms of streaming services and include Alexa. That makes it extremely foolish imo to even look at the Homepod if youre looking for a smart speaker.

For just music, I’ll stick with chromecasts and full range tower speakers combined with the sweet sweet sound of Velodyne subs.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    01-28-2018 03:59 PM
    I have a speaker already, so I have no need for one at the moment. If I wanted a wireless assistant, then I would probably get the Dot as its cheap.
    01-28-2018 06:55 PM
    I have a speaker already, so I have no need for one at the moment. If I wanted a wireless assistant, then I would probably get the Dot as its cheap.
    I too have a wireless speaker, about 5 of them, I have two Echo Dots, and two Google Home devices. Alexa can't answer anything.. Google is a bit better, but the speakers are not great. One of my BT speakers are great, but it's BT and needs charging.

However integration with Siri and my phone is what I am looking for, and I can only get that with an Apple device. Plus the sound quality seems (per reviews) to be outstanding.
    01-29-2018 11:09 AM
    To answer the Op question, yes to me it is not.
    Last edited by calebt; 01-29-2018 at 11:34 AM.
    01-29-2018 11:19 AM
    Nope not me. I dont have any always listening speakers in the house. We all have iPhones and if we want to ask Siri a question or listen to our music we just use our phones 😃
    01-29-2018 01:49 PM
    I’ve purchased mine! Will be here in less than a week!!
    02-03-2018 05:42 AM
    Not to me, 100% happy using AirPods.
    My wife on the other hand, thinks differently.
    So I ordered up to surprise her.
    Just_Me_D and iwoodland like this.
    02-03-2018 07:57 AM
    Not to me, 100% happy using AirPods.
    My wife on the other hand, thinks differently.
    So I ordered up to surprise her.
    That makes no sense, like saying ... No, I don't think the car is worthwhile because I have my moped.
    02-03-2018 01:54 PM
    That makes no sense, like saying ... No, I don't think the car is worthwhile because I have my moped.
    “Not to me”, but my wife feels different was my answer!!!! So, I made the purchase for her!

Really dude? Just because I commented happy staying small time with AirPods, was not comparison. *nuts*
    02-04-2018 11:30 AM
    “Not to me”, but my wife feels different was my answer!!!! So, I made the purchase for her!

Really dude? Just because I commented happy staying small time with AirPods, was not comparison. *nuts*
    You can't compare... If you said "Sound does not matter to me, not into music whatever, that would make sense. But you can't compare dissimilar devices.

Or if you said, I am happy my Echo, I don't care about the sound difference, so I am not getting the homepod, that would make sense.

Airpods are in-ear devices, homepod is an external speaker. Because both allow sound does not make them the same product category.
    02-04-2018 11:36 AM
    Not here to nick pick with you, get a life and push on!!
    02-04-2018 11:40 AM
    Alright guys. Let’s keep the conversation respectful. Everyone is entitled to express his/her opinion but bickering is not cool.
    02-04-2018 02:15 PM
    No, it is not worth $350 to me. Maybe $175-$200 at most. Apple can afford the loss they’re going to take on these ‘cause I just can’t see the demand being all that high. Perhaps I’m mistaken.
    02-04-2018 07:02 PM
    For some it is but it’s not for me. All my Bose speakers sync perfectly and sound amazing. I doubt if I’ll be replacing them anytime soon. Plus, I don’t have a need for Siri in a speaker. Siri on my iPhones & MacBook are the enemy...she only listens on my Apple TV remote lol
    02-09-2018 05:13 PM
    Absolutely not, I can use my bose with hey Siri and “listen to music”. I have a big feeling this is going to flop because people are going to expect it to compete with GA and Alexa when it just can’t unfortunately.
    02-10-2018 06:48 AM
    Way too expensive especially since Alexa is better than Siri at this point. I think Amazon has cornered the market with Alexa.
    02-10-2018 06:51 AM
    NOPE!
    02-10-2018 10:21 AM
    02-10-2018 11:06 AM
    Sorry folks, it's a game changer. Once you have it set up and working, and you experience the sound, one cannot go back. At least I can't. Off to pick up a 2nd one for my living room.
    02-10-2018 11:26 AM
    Sorry folks, it's a game changer. Once you have it set up and working, and you experience the sound, one cannot go back. At least I can't. Off to pick up a 2nd one for my living room.
    First of all thanks for answering my questions in the other thread. Would you say that the HomePod is not designed to compete with Google or Amazon? This seems 100% geared towards music. So it’s competing with the high end speakers on the market right?

If that’s the case then it’s probably not over priced and arguably more useful, assuming you are an iPhone and Apple Music user. Sound about right in your opinion?
    02-10-2018 11:45 AM
97 1234