Will you buy the HomePod?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The HomePod looks like a beautiful and powerful speaker and assistant. But I'm super curious to know how many of you out there are going to put the $ down to buy? What do you think?

I'll deeply review the specs and features before I make any decision. I'm already a Sonos guy and have invested a lot into my system. The Play:1 speakers are priced much more reasonably, so there are a lot of pros and cons to weigh here!

Sound off!

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Not until I have a better idea of what it does and doesn't do. If Sonos doesn't integrate at any time, I can't reasonably afford to replace all of my Play devices and I'll probably go Alexa.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I definitely will. Just have to save up for it though.
I hate to have to turn on my computer every time (5.1 surround sound speakers) as the portable BT speakers aren’t powerful enough to enjoy music in the living room.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it, I don't have any connected devices and it's a steep price for a speaker that probably isn't that great. And the name....ugh. I would have preferred Siri Home to HomePod.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t have any plans to purchase it any time soon, but I may in the future.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it, I don't have any connected devices and it's a steep price for a speaker that probably isn't that great. And the name....ugh. I would have preferred Siri Home to HomePod.

I've got a Harmon Kardon Onyx Bluetooth speaker. If it's at least comparable to that, then for me it's worth it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Good thing it's not out until December. Plenty of time to change plans lol.

Like I stated in a different thread, I was at work during the keynote and I’m still playing catch up with what was announced. Thanks for letting me know that the device is scheduled to be released in December.

Stsainj

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Probably not. Although the speaker self calibration seems neat a 4 in woofer doesn't sound that impressive for deep bass and the fact that it seems to be locked into Apple Music is a bit of a turn off. I have a couple of nice third party Airplay speakers and I'm curious whether or not the HomeKit integration will allow multi room playback with older Airplay speakers.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I think this sums up my feelings right now haha. Will have to see what the speakers sound like since a lot of emphasis was put on them but I like the design and the touch input is a lovely addition! 😃 Obviously we all wish the price was cheaper but it you like, then its worth it.

8e68d307ac1f7bc4dbec8f9483b84314.jpg

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Maybe, but I’ll have to hear it first. $349 is too steep to make a decision at this point.
Probably not much of a surprise that this is my thought as well. I was guessing $299 during the keynote so when they dropped the $349 price I figured not. $299 was the top of what I'd be willing to play (otherwise my house would already be filled with Sonos). As it is, I do ok with the Echo units I have that were less than $200.

annewalk

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I may buy a couple if they can be used with AppleTV for surround sound. Wondering how the Siri integration will work with multiple users. So many Apple devices rely on the single user paradigm.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR