Has anyone found a way to integrate their Ring cameras into the Apple home app?

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes, you would need to use Homebridge or Home Assistant to bind the accessories to Homekit. I have Ring and Nest products mixed in with my setup.

Last edited:

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you would need to use Homebridge or Home Assistant to bind the accessories to Homekit. I have Ring and Nest products mixed in with my setup.

I do have a Nest thermostat mixed in with my setup. That is accomplished with a Starling home hub. Sounds like I’d have to get another hub of some type to integrate my Ring security cameras.

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I do have a Nest thermostat mixed in with my setup. That is accomplished with a Starling home hub. Sounds like I’d have to get another hub of some type to integrate my Ring security cameras.
The two solutions I suggested are software based that simulate a hub and HomeKit code. There can be a bit of light coding... If you have a Mac you don't need additional hardware, if you don't a Raspberry PI is the cheapest hardware solution. There is also HOOBs (Homebridge out of the Box), but that's $170 and will still require some light coding... There are a couple articles on iMore,
https://www.imore.com/how-connect-non-homekit-devices-homekit-using-homebridge and robust communities for all three solutions Reddit.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711