Looking for some help with setting Apple TV as a Homekit Hub

iTechieGuy

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I am trying to add an Apple TV 4 as Homekit hub. I went through all the regular stuff and then some more and the hub still wasn’t visible either on the Apple TV or Home App. After restarting the Apple TV, it became visible in both locations. In the Home App, there was a red no response code. I tried many things to clear the code.

One thing I did was delete the hub from the favorite accessories figuring I could easily add it back and clear the no response code. Ah, no. I tried to add it back.

With Add Accessories the Apple TV doesn’t have a HomeKit code and doesn’t appear to become discoverable when pressing the "no Homekit code" button. The hub is still visible on the Apple TV and even visible in the Home Appin the Home Menu.

Any suggestions on what to try next to get the hub back as a favorite accessory?

Does anyone know how to clear the no response error?

Does anyone know the difference between the gray and red "no reponse" code?

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem. I deleted both of mine from HomeKit accidentally. I went to Settings-Accounts-iCloud. If your HomeKit home shows connected, disconnect it. Then sign out of iCloud. I waited about 10 min, then signed back in, then turned HomeKit back on. That worked one of my Atv’s the other I had to factory reset and let One Home Screen work as a semi restore. I still had to enter credentials in settings etc. Then that one showed up also

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner