When the first El Gato Eve sensor failed in 4 days the company replaced it. Now 6 months later the replacement unit has failed. Now amount of battery replacement or other adjustments will make it work.

I want to learn about other outdoor temperature sensors and hear about reilability.

If there is a better forum to ask on, please direct me.
    11-12-2018 11:00 PM
    In my opinion, you'd be best served by reaching out to the company that makes the sensor you mentioned.
    11-13-2018 09:24 AM
    When the first El Gato Eve sensor failed in 4 days the company replaced it. Now 6 months later the replacement unit has failed. Now amount of battery replacement or other adjustments will make it work.

I want to learn about other outdoor temperature sensors and hear about reilability.

If there is a better forum to ask on, please direct me.
    I have been using an Elgato Eve Weather for over a year now without any issues.

Did you use a paper clip to reset the sensor?
    11-13-2018 11:06 AM
    Hm, I ask about other sensors and I get two folks recommending I stay with the one that failed twice. OK, thank you but not what I was asking for.
    11-13-2018 11:21 PM
    I’m not sure I could give you a best place. I just run a few different google searches with different phrasing’s and read around numerous sites to learn about devices and things I want to learn about. I wish I could be more help than that, but that’s all I’ve got.
    11-13-2018 11:27 PM
    Hm, I ask about other sensors and I get two folks recommending I stay with the one that failed twice. OK, thank you but not what I was asking for.
    Wow, that’s one way to read my post.

I did not recommend anything. I asked what you did to get the one you already have to work properly again.

If you’re looking for alternatives, I wouldn’t know, since the one I’m having is the same as you have and mine works just fine.
    11-13-2018 11:55 PM