Where can I learn about outside temperature sensors that work with Homekit.

rbl100

Nov 13, 2018
Visit site
When the first El Gato Eve sensor failed in 4 days the company replaced it. Now 6 months later the replacement unit has failed. Now amount of battery replacement or other adjustments will make it work.

I want to learn about other outdoor temperature sensors and hear about reilability.

If there is a better forum to ask on, please direct me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion, you'd be best served by reaching out to the company that makes the sensor you mentioned.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
When the first El Gato Eve sensor failed in 4 days the company replaced it. Now 6 months later the replacement unit has failed. Now amount of battery replacement or other adjustments will make it work.

I want to learn about other outdoor temperature sensors and hear about reilability.

If there is a better forum to ask on, please direct me.

I have been using an Elgato Eve Weather for over a year now without any issues.

Did you use a paper clip to reset the sensor?

rbl100

Nov 13, 2018
Visit site
Hm, I ask about other sensors and I get two folks recommending I stay with the one that failed twice. OK, thank you but not what I was asking for.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I’m not sure I could give you a best place. I just run a few different google searches with different phrasing’s and read around numerous sites to learn about devices and things I want to learn about. I wish I could be more help than that, but that’s all I’ve got.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hm, I ask about other sensors and I get two folks recommending I stay with the one that failed twice. OK, thank you but not what I was asking for.

Wow, that’s one way to read my post.

I did not recommend anything. I asked what you did to get the one you already have to work properly again.

If you’re looking for alternatives, I wouldn’t know, since the one I’m having is the same as you have and mine works just fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner