Philips Hue & HomeKit

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So I jumped into the hue lights. I was able to sync it to my iPhone with HomeKit via the hue app. I assumed that it would sync across devices and work on my iPad. I was wrong. I tried to do it through hue app on the iPad but I get error message below. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance
1962aa8e399cf14aedb86ab47fc6cd4e.png

bjf123

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully someone with some experience will chime in soon!! I ordered the starter kit but haven’t received it yet.

I’ve got 7 lights on my Hue Bridge, but I set them up awhile ago, so I don’t remember doing anything special. I think I set them up n my iPhone first and then they just appeared on the iPad. I can see and control them from the Hue app on both my iPhone and iPad. They also all appear appear in Home on Control Center on both. However, they don’t always work from the Home icon on the iPad. I can also control them from Alexa and Siri.

mavsguy842

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You shouldn't need to sync your Hub to Siri from the iPad, because you've already done that from your iPhone.

Does your iPad's Hue app control your lights?
Are you signed into your iPad with the same Apple ID as on your iPhone? If not, you'll need to share Home access to the Apple ID you use on your iPad.
Can you control your lights from the Home app on the iPad?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It’s weird. Took several days but now it is synced. Not sure what I did or didn’t do to be honest. Loving the lights tho!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Philips Hue & HomeKit

It’s weird. Took several days but now it is synced. Not sure what I did or didn’t do to be honest. Loving the lights tho!

Glad it worked itself out!!! I can’t wait to install mine. I’ve been slacking this week, so they’re still in the box🤷🏾*♀️

gregory_opera

Nov 1, 2018
Visit site
You need to "share" your home in the "Hue" app on the device you first setup "Hue" with...

Hue-->Settings-->Advanced-->Homes-->My Home (or whatever it is called, if you have changed the name)-->Share Home

This seems like a case of "making things harder than they need to be"... But until Philips change this, this is how you need to get "Hue" products working with multiple iOS devices.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro