AirPort Express?

thedonp

Banned
May 19, 2017
Visit site
yeah i dont think if ever see a purpose for that. We get internet with 300 mbps speeds, TV with 220 channels including movie channels for 3 rooms for $130 a month. We had cut the cord in TV but was still paying 100 a month. We got TV back part of a package deal for only an extra 30 a month.

That’s not bad. I don’t even have a tv package. I still have access to directv but through my cousins sign on. For movies I stream them online.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
That’s not bad. I don’t even have a tv package. I still have access to directv but through my cousins sign on. For movies I stream them online.
Yeah we had cut the cord because we were paying 220 a month for all. But when we went in to switch out router to the new panoramic Wi-Fi router, they told us abi it the new plan. I guess we were never put in a package deal before so we were paying too much. So yeah it was $30 extra a month from just Wi-Fi only. We still save $95 a month from before and we are getting more channels then before. Win win.

thedonp

Banned
May 19, 2017
Visit site
Yeah we had cut the cord because we were paying 220 a month for all. But when we went in to switch out router to the new panoramic Wi-Fi router, they told us abi it the new plan. I guess we were never put in a package deal before so we were paying too much. So yeah it was $30 extra a month from just Wi-Fi only. We still save $95 a month from before and we are getting more channels then before. Win win.

That’s not a bad deal at all. I agree a “Totality” win

thedonp

Banned
May 19, 2017
Visit site
d01f7349d9d4735e5b0d78eff936ded9.jpg

MikeSteed

Sep 27, 2017
Visit site
That looks to be a much older model. The newer ones are more rectangular as opposed to having the rounded, curved corners. I’m currently using a 5th generation model and I love the thing to be honest. The range on it is insane and speeds are fantastic! I consistently test at ~70Mb/sec downloads.

The Express is pretty much just an extension piece to extend the range of the Extreme. It’s a good piece of hardware, but as many have already mentioned, it’s just a high end router. So unless you have a high speed modem (which you said you do not) you won’t be able to use it unless your unit comes with a hard drive. Some models include 1TB or 2TB internal drives for wireless networking. You could use that feature if yours has it, but the other features will not serve you well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox