AirPort Express?

thedonp

Banned
May 19, 2017
Visit site
One of my friends gave me a Airport Express? Do people still use these? Not sure if I’m sounding pretty new here, but from what I gather from my google search is that it’s just a WiFi router.

I use a hotspots at home from my wife’s note 5 or my iPhone 7 Plus so I would never use it unless I get a home internet provider.

What are everyone’s thoughts?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any experience with the Apple Airport Express, but I notice that most businesses use them in an office environment. I think it's a WFI booster. Maybe someone can chime in that has knowledge concerning the Airport Express.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, don't bother. Apple has essentially abandoned the router business, so even the Extreme (better than the Express) is kind of a mess. I had an Extreme for a while and managed to fix a ton of issues by switching to Netgear.

thedonp

Banned
May 19, 2017
Visit site
Honestly, don't bother. Apple has essentially abandoned the router business, so even the Extreme (better than the Express) is kind of a mess. I had an Extreme for a while and managed to fix a ton of issues by switching to Netgear.

Damn ok. So just toss the thing?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have use my hotspot for everything.

How does that work? Do you have to reconnecting? With us have 3 4K TV, 3 Apple TV’s, X Box and etc, we use a ton of data. We average 900 GB’s a month. And we need power. We get 300 mbps speeds.

thedonp

Banned
May 19, 2017
Visit site
How does that work? Do you have to reconnecting? With us have 3 4K TV, 3 Apple TV’s, X Box and etc, we use a ton of data. We average 900 GB’s a month. And we need power. We get 300 mbps speeds.

It doesn’t ever buffer at all. I have my vision smart tv, printer, iPad, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and ****ty HP. All fine. They all connect automatically.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It doesn’t ever buffer at all. I have my vision smart tv, printer, iPad, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and ****ty HP. All fine. They all connect automatically.
yeah i dont think if ever see a purpose for that. We get internet with 300 mbps speeds, TV with 220 channels including movie channels for 3 rooms for $130 a month. We had cut the cord in TV but was still paying 100 a month. We got TV back part of a package deal for only an extra 30 a month.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice