Do you think Apple will release a Home/Echo competitor?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Do you think Apple will release a stand-alone product in the near future to compete with Google Home and Amazon Echo?? If they do - will you buy one?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't see the benefit of it in my case. My house is too un-connected for that, apart from 2 door sensors and a weather station, my house is dumb.

And I don't use siri that much, expect when I want to know the time if I can't open my eyes from sleepiness and for setting the alarm.

WCraig

Jun 1, 2017
Visit site
It is interesting that we're only a few days from WWDC 2017 and there is _little_ hard information about this (possible) device. Screen or no? Competing rumours each way.

Is there a major Siri revamp? Seems essential for various reasons but no info.

One rumour says lots of speakers to create surround sound. Tight Apple Music integration seems like an obvious strength but will other streaming sources be supported?

Just a few more sleeps until we know more. Or don't!

Craig

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It is interesting that we're only a few days from WWDC 2017 and there is _little_ hard information about this (possible) device. Screen or no? Competing rumours each way.

Is there a major Siri revamp? Seems essential for various reasons but no info.

One rumour says lots of speakers to create surround sound. Tight Apple Music integration seems like an obvious strength but will other streaming sources be supported?

Just a few more sleeps until we know more. Or don't!

WWDC is mostly software related. Hardware is usually mid September

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Since there has been so little information about this possible 'Apple Home' device, I don't think anything will be launched this month. We might get information about what's coming later in the year.

Would I buy one? Absolutely! If it can control my lights, answer questions, store reminders ect then it will be a great addition to my Apple devices. It all comes down to price though. $149 is the highest they should go but knowing Apple it will probably be around $199.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd love one. I've got loads of smart devices all connected via HomKit and currently control them using device and Siri.
If it doesn't have a screen there could be an app or it could use an Apple TV as a happy medium.

I've looked into Alexa and Google but with an Apple house it's not quite there for me

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
For me - the only connected home products I'm running are Sonos and an Ecobee. Suppose I'm waiting for that 'one more thing' to push me over the top. Maybe an 'Apple Hub' would be it? Not sure.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2