U.K. Apple Home Kit enabled Wi-Fi Smart Plugs

rja1966

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Can you recommend an Apple Home Kit enabled smart plug that is suitable for the U.K.?
I heard your recommendation on a recent Macbreak Weekly podcast for the iHome smart plug but sadly there doesn't appear to be a U.K. version of this product offered yet. We do seem to be a little behind the times when it comes to these plugs over here !

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I don't live in the U.K. so I haven't personally tried any and can't recommend any. I didn't see any on Apple.com/UK either.

Are there any brands you're considering?

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I've looked around and there aren't any HomeKit compatible ones yet.
I have a Samsung SmartThings set up with Philips Hue lights.

It's unfortunate there isn't one company that does it all over here yet :(

rja1966

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
The U.K. Apple Store does stock the Elgato Eve but I believe that is Bluetooth not Wi-Fi. There is another company,'Wifiplug.co.uk', that has a Home Kit enabled version however customer reviews are quite varied and not that positive.

rja1966

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I am also considering the Philips Hue lights now. I particularly like the idea that some of the remote sockets have timer and sunset switch on options that I could use them with table lamps. The Siri functionality would be nice to have !

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I am also considering the Philips Hue lights now. I particularly like the idea that some of the remote sockets have timer and sunset switch on options that I could use them with table lamps. The Siri functionality would be nice to have !

Would really recommend them.
I've got a bulb in every room as well as Blooms dotted around the house.
I have linked them with IFTTT so they come on with certain triggers and flash with other triggers.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73