Ecobee3 Sensors Disappeared

dukdodgers

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I have my Ecobee3 and 3 additional sensors paired up with Home in iOS 10. All sensors were showing as favorites on the "Home" screen and I added them to a room named Main Floor. When I removed them from favorites on the Home screen, they disappeared from the Main Floor. I can't figure out how to add them back. The sensor show in the Ecobee app with no problems. Any ideas?

jer78

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I have my Ecobee3 and 3 additional sensors paired up with Home in iOS 10. All sensors were showing as favorites on the "Home" screen and I added them to a room named Main Floor. When I removed them from favorites on the Home screen, they disappeared from the Main Floor. I can't figure out how to add them back. The sensor show in the Ecobee app with no problems. Any ideas?

Same thing happened to me. Also due to the ecobee bug it randomly loses connection to HomeKit so I've even repaired it and they have never shown up again. Not sure why

dukdodgers

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I had to delete my entire setup and rebuild to get the Ecobee 3 to remain paired with HomeKit. The sensors didn't come back. I hope this is resolved in future updates.

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
There is another forum for smart home hubs that has some info on this issue. People there are reporting a new update rolling out that brings back the sensors to the HomeKit app. Additionally, you will be able to add the individual sensors to separate HomeKit rooms and use the motion sensor to trigger events. The latest firmware version I have is 3.7.0.936, which is the one that removed the sensors from HomeKit.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods