Night Shift for HomeKit

mavsguy842

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
With iOS 9.3 including a feature called Night Shift, I started thinking about Apple building on this idea for HomeKit. My idea is that I could turn on Night Shift for any/all of my homes, rooms, or individual devices. Once enabled, I could turn my lights on an hour before sunset, and then at sunset Apple would calculate a Night Shifted hue for each light relative to the pre-sunset color.

If they did that, our whole homes could easily be used to help us sleep better.

mavsguy842

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Night **** for HomeKit

Moderator, please un-curse this thread title. I can't figure out how to edit it. Should be SHIFT obviously...

adamjustice

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: Night **** for HomeKit

Haha re: Post Title ;)

I think you could do this now not automatically but by finding the right color you wanted to set HUE at and putting that into an evening scene that you ran on a schedule. As of right now Sunrise and Sunset are not available as trigger options but hopefully Apple will add that in the future

mavsguy842

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I've set it up at my house, with dimming by 5% each half hour. Unfortunately I have to have summer triggers as well as winter triggers because sunrise and sunset aren't options. Even if they were, I'd want sunset + 30 minutes, sunset + 1 hour etc as time triggers.

Conversely, a "night shift at sunset" option would be very easy to use.

I'm dying for Apple to give HomeKit the attention it deserves and needs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2