Do you cheat?

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't cheated but I don't go out of my way to complete the rings either. Usually on the days I work, I get the move ring completed. I get the stand ring completed everyday because it's so easy. Sometimes I don't even get up at all and it's given me the credit for that hour.

In the week of owning my watch, I've come close to getting the exercise ring but even on a full eight hour shift at my job where I walk 10,000 steps in a day, I've never completed it yet. I don't work out or jog or anything.

knoxDavid

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
No I have not cheated. I do not really understand the purpose of actually cheating--but I could see using a "cheat" to correct an error where it did not record the activity correctly (such as the person who mentioned installing a beta messing up the progress for that day).

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
As the title suggests does anyone out there apply the cheats and rewind time to get stand, move or exercise rings filled?

Today's the first time in 4 months I won't close them all (2 hours short on stand) but I know if I rewind time and "fix" it then it will become a habit.

What does everyone else do?

On a recent trip I fell asleep one night with 29 minutes on the exercise ring. I was irritated the next morning, but nope, no cheating.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Is this a cheat or trying to find out what's the cause of a bug? Maybe this is the phone and watch software updates just out but this happened just prior too.

I had another time when two logs for exercise totaled 40+ minutes but the ring was not closed. Not wanting to truly work out at 22:00, I did 7 min of yoga, stretches and calisthenics. After those were saved the green ring more than closed and showed the nearly total hour of exercise.

I'm sure what I did physically really does count but heck with cheating. I'm really bothered that at least 3 times now 50 min. to 2+ hours of honest exercise haven't closed the ring.

Looking at the phone activity app gives me strong reason to no way think of cheating. Those days of the rings not closed mark stuff like being sick, extra tough days at work, days spent POT (prisoner of travel) such as stuck in planes/airport or too much time in a car.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Is this a cheat or trying to find out what's the cause of a bug? Maybe this is the phone and watch software updates just out but this happened just prior too.

I had another time when two logs for exercise totaled 40+ minutes but the ring was not closed. Not wanting to truly work out at 22:00, I did 7 min of yoga, stretches and calisthenics. After those were saved the green ring more than closed and showed the nearly total hour of exercise.

That's definitely not cheating. Heck I've done as much as 30 minutes of jumping jacks in a hotel room to close that ring and that's work!

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
That's definitely not cheating. Heck I've done as much as 30 minutes of jumping jacks in a hotel room to close that ring and that's work!

Funny in that I've done pushups to both test, meet the goal, and test how well the HRM works.

Cheating just defeats the sports watch part of why I bought it. I guess carrying something in opposite hand of the watch so my steps are recorded are as close to cheating as I get. My work in IT means way too many hours staring at a screen or in a chair. I do want my steps recorded.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My Apple Watch thinks I'm standing up 100% of the time even though I have a desk job. Does that count as cheating?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I broke some long time streaks last week when I was in bed sick for 2.5 days. Just start new streaks.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've walked around the house, through the kitchen, dining room, living room, etc., doing laps to get a step goal in.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I've walked around the house, through the kitchen, dining room, living room, etc., doing laps to get a step goal in.

Yep me too. My wife no longer questions why I suddenly hop on the treadmill 30 minutes before bedtime. Don't get me wrong, she thinks I'm nuts, but she doesn't question it.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yep me too. My wife no longer questions why I suddenly hop on the treadmill 30 minutes before bedtime. Don't get me wrong, she thinks I'm nuts, but she doesn't question it.

My wife thinks I'm silly because she's always marching with the dog before 6 AM to insure closing the rings instead of the 8:45 PM march I did last night.

Her watch says a whole lot of motion but rarely any standing or breathing.

Any way you slice it our son's has been saying his a couch tater.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I've been known to start doing jumping jacks before bad if I am close to a goal. That was for step goals. I don't do much for the rings. I usually don't have trouble closing my rings - except Sundays, which are my rest days. I rest with vigor!

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Here’s one I’ve had to do that might be a cheat - have some periods where I cut the daily move goal.

I’m 58 y.o. and had a physical recently where the doc said I’m in super shape for my age but some pains and inflammation are creeping up. I can do up to 3 hour MTB rides but have to be careful with runs 1.5 mi plus. The doc’s recommendation was keep at things including those days when I’m 1500-2000 active or move calories but be chill for recovery. A few times now I’ve had to drop my goal for 1-3 days and just do stretches and simple walks while knees and ankles recover.

Reading about increased hear risk for NSAIDS I’ve also decided to not load up on ibuprofen and just have chill periods. The doc seconded this and said take aspirin but also have recovery time.

It seems like 500 calorie goal is always achievable for an old guy with white color work and then good days are 700 - 1900 calories. At end of May it seems like a good way where so far I haven’t had a pull, strain or bruise that’s had me really on the sidelines this year.

I would not at all want to cheat on stand. As an IT director I stare at computers too much and really try to do the stand goals.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Here’s one I’ve had to do that might be a cheat - have some periods where I cut the daily move goal.

I’m 58 y.o. and had a physical recently where the doc said I’m in super shape for my age but some pains and inflammation are creeping up. I can do up to 3 hour MTB rides but have to be careful with runs 1.5 mi plus. The doc’s recommendation was keep at things including those days when I’m 1500-2000 active or move calories but be chill for recovery. A few times now I’ve had to drop my goal for 1-3 days and just do stretches and simple walks while knees and ankles recover.

Reading about increased hear risk for NSAIDS I’ve also decided to not load up on ibuprofen and just have chill periods. The doc seconded this and said take aspirin but also have recovery time.

It seems like 500 calorie goal is always achievable for an old guy with white color work and then good days are 700 - 1900 calories. At end of May it seems like a good way where so far I haven’t had a pull, strain or bruise that’s had me really on the sidelines this year.

I would not at all want to cheat on stand. As an IT director I stare at computers too much and really try to do the stand goals.

Hmm. I've not thought about changing my goals on my rest days. Interesting.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR