I am just looking for some people to share their thoughts on switching from a Fitbit to the Apple Watch. I had the original Apple Watch and really liked it. I only got rid of it because my dumb butt was switching between Android and iOS. I picked up a FitBit Charge 2 a couple weeks ago and it's great. I really enjoy it, but with the sales on the Apple Watch Series 1 it's not much more to get the Apple Watch again. I am aware of the differences between the two. I am trading a weeks worth a battery life on the fitbit for a watch that does so much more day to day and therefore lacks the staying power of the Fitbit. I am about 99% sure I am going to make the swap today, but I am just looking for some feedback from someone that may have made the same move. While I think the FitBit is great for workouts and tracking sleep, I feel like I got more use during the day from the AW. If you made a similar swtich, anything you miss from the FitBit? Thank you.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    02-18-2017 06:02 AM
    The Fitbit workout breakdown and app is hundreds of times better than Apples Activity but that said if you don't care about workout breakdowns then they offer the same.

The AW does offer more day to day functionality though and has much more in the way of expanding potential
    cwbcpa likes this.
    02-18-2017 06:40 AM
    Don't forget, if you want to keep using the Fitbit challenges, etc., you can add your phone as a mobile tracker and as long as your phone is with you, it will use the accelerometer to track steps so you can still participate.
    cwbcpa and dazzlingirl like this.
    02-18-2017 06:50 AM
    I have been actually wearing my Fitbit Blaze more than my Apple Watch series 2. If your into fitness Fitbit is the way to go. I find the exercise app on the Apple to need work. The heart rate feature is very inconsistent and requires me to keep track of it through out my workout by pinching into into place and playing with band placement . The Fitbit has offered me better exercise analysis of my workouts than Apple . The only workout setting that I get an accurate workout tracking is on "other " in the Apple WATCH. The other sports settings have been highly inaccurate as I have matches against my chest strap with my polar and other devices.

Apple Watch offers better smart watch notifications but the reality is most of the text I need to respond to require me to use my phone anyway. I don't miss the call notifications that Apple offers because the reality is if it's a call I need to attend to I forward it to my Phone.

In the end, I'm very surprised that I love my Fitbit Blaze given that I have the series 2 Apple Watch. Fitbit is a great device if your serious about fitness but love having smart watch features that are simple and useful. I find the Apple Watch to have a lot of fluff I just don't use.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    02-18-2017 07:01 AM
    Thank you very much. Great feedback that really has me thinking now. I really like the Fitbit app with all of the data it collects and how accurate it appears to be compared to other devices that I have used. I paid for an app to sync the Fitbit app with Apple Health so I get the best of both right now. I may not be so quick to pull the trigger or at a minimum I may pick up the Apple Watch and hang on to the Fitbit while I use the AW and decide.
    02-18-2017 07:39 AM
    Thank you very much. Great feedback that really has me thinking now. I really like the Fitbit app with all of the data it collects and how accurate it appears to be compared to other devices that I have used. I paid for an app to sync the Fitbit app with Apple Health so I get the best of both right now. I may not be so quick to pull the trigger or at a minimum I may pick up the Apple Watch and hang on to the Fitbit while I use the AW and decide.
    Don't let us put you off the Apple Watch. It's an amazing piece of technology that's rivalled by none.
    Fitbit is a very different beast that has a very different purpose.

They just happen to overlap in places.

As someone who's used both I'd use both for different things if I wasn't so reliant on my watch for notifications during times where I can't use my phone such as meetings or work
    cwbcpa likes this.
    02-18-2017 09:51 AM
    Don't let us put you off the Apple Watch. It's an amazing piece of technology that's rivalled by none.
    Fitbit is a very different beast that has a very different purpose.

They just happen to overlap in places.

As someone who's used both I'd use both for different things if I wasn't so reliant on my watch for notifications during times where I can't use my phone such as meetings or work
    Thanks. I really liked the convenience of the Apple Watch. I didn't pull my phone out nearly as much. I responded to or ignored notifications much faster. If I didn't have the Fitbit I wouldn't even hesitate. I think I can get the fitness data that I really need from the Apple Watch and then have all the advantages as well.

Again, I really appreciate the feedback.
    robertk328 likes this.
    02-18-2017 10:12 AM
    I primarily use my Apple Watch for tracking move goals etc and notifications. I've not missed my old Fitbit Charge HR one bit since making the move to an Apple Watch last April.
    robertk328 and cwbcpa like this.
    02-18-2017 12:29 PM

Guess what I decided...lol. I forgot how comfortable it is. Now if I only had the time to play with it. I'll have to set it up a little at a time.

Thanks again for all the feedback!
    02-18-2017 02:05 PM
    A part of me really wants to use the Mickey watch face lol
    Jude526 and cwbcpa like this.
    02-18-2017 02:45 PM
    A part of me really wants to use the Mickey watch face lol
    lol..I never used it on my first Apple Watch. I had to put it on for the picture at least. It seems there are quite a few more options for faces now than when I had the watch about a year ago. I will have to take a look at what all is new. I am sure there are a number of things I don't know about.
    02-18-2017 03:11 PM
    lol..I never used it on my first Apple Watch. I had to put it on for the picture at least. It seems there are quite a few more options for faces now than when I had the watch about a year ago. I will have to take a look at what all is new. I am sure there are a number of things I don't know about.
    I'm actually giving it a go. Just gotta make sure I download the voice so he can tell me the time
    02-18-2017 03:12 PM
    I'm actually giving it a go. Just gotta make sure I download the voice so he can tell me the time
    You can do that? I really do need to catch up.
    02-18-2017 03:12 PM
    Well my coworker is an absolute Apple NUT. He was showing me that a couple weeks ago. I tried it and got nothing. I googled and saw something about downloading the voice if you tap and get no voice feedback
    02-18-2017 03:14 PM
    Well my coworker is an absolute Apple NUT. He was showing me that a couple weeks ago. I tried it and got nothing. I googled and saw something about downloading the voice if you tap and get no voice feedback
    I just tapped the watch face and it told me the time using Micky's voice. Just made my day. lol. I need to get out more.
    02-18-2017 03:15 PM
    I just tapped the watch face and it told me the time using Micky's voice. Just made my day. lol. I need to get out more.
    It works! Lol

I usually keep my watch on silent and that's why I didn't hear it before lol
    cwbcpa likes this.
    02-18-2017 03:27 PM
    whats best apple watch to get guys
    02-19-2017 02:37 PM
    That depends on what you want in a watch in general, and an Apple Watch in particular. Knowing that makes answering that question possible.

Are you a dedicated runner who dislikes carrying a phone? Do you swim? If neither, then a Series 1 Watch might fill the bill. It lacks the waterproof recommendation and internal GPS, which the Series 2 lineup has.

In addition to the Series 2 features, the Nike+ has some runner/activity oriented Watch faces that may be easier/quicker to read 'on the run'.

There is more to the Watches than that, but there is almost never one quick and/or universal answer for everybody to the 'What's the best ______?' question. People who believe there is are almost certainly wrong on some level.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    02-19-2017 05:04 PM
    I supposed it depends on what you need and want.

The "best" would be the Apple Watch Edition with the ceramic case.

Then there is the Apple Watch 2 with the Stainless steel case that's very nice, but still pretty expensive.

For most people the Apple Watch 2 with the aluminum case is the way to go to get the GPS, brighter screen and waterproof features.

If you don't need those things then the Series 1 is the way to go. That what I have and I love it.

You can check all of those out on the Apple website and decide what is "best" for you.

If you have more specific questions I'm sure everyone would be happy to try and help.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    02-19-2017 05:10 PM
    Like @Mac Guy and @cwbcpa said, it depends on what you want. If you provide more info, we can help steer you in the right direction.
    02-20-2017 07:27 AM
    I was using a Fitbit charge hr and loved it
    Decided to get an Apple Watch recently and while it's a very capable smarwatch I find it lags behind as a fitness device that Apple has constantly marketed it to be with the activity rings ads
    First off
    Why can't it track steps climbed(like most Fitbits)
    10 minutes interval is too far apart for hr measurement
    (because of this the Apple Watch cannot pick up strolls/walks automatically and log them as
    exercise unlike the Fitbit)
    No sleep tracking (common Apple you had months after the first Watch to do this)
    A fitness device with No auto or even manual sleep tracking is poor
    And why will a watch that is marketed to encourage you to move and gives you stand reminders not have a complication to show number of steps so far
    Must I have to open the activity app to see the steps I took?
    And the social aspect of the activity app is miles behind the Fitbit ecosystem
    Some days the motivation I need is to see my sister or friend taking more steps than I do and I go for a quick stroll
    This is severely lacking on an Apple Watch
    For now I will return the Watch and get me a charge 2
    Until Apple decides if it's making a smartwatch or a device that does both
    02-21-2017 01:53 AM
    Unless you want a dedicated fitness tracker I'd always lean towards the Apple Watch. The Blaze is probably the only Fitbit that's even comparable and that thing is not a looker.
    02-21-2017 04:06 AM
    I was using a Fitbit charge hr and loved it
    Decided to get an Apple Watch recently and while it's a very capable smarwatch I find it lags behind as a fitness device that Apple has constantly marketed it to be with the activity rings ads
    First off
    Why can't it track steps climbed(like most Fitbits)
    10 minutes interval is too far apart for hr measurement
    (because of this the Apple Watch cannot pick up strolls/walks automatically and log them as
    exercise unlike the Fitbit)
    No sleep tracking (common Apple you had months after the first Watch to do this)
    A fitness device with No auto or even manual sleep tracking is poor
    And why will a watch that is marketed to encourage you to move and gives you stand reminders not have a complication to show number of steps so far
    Must I have to open the activity app to see the steps I took?
    And the social aspect of the activity app is miles behind the Fitbit ecosystem
    Some days the motivation I need is to see my sister or friend taking more steps than I do and I go for a quick stroll
    This is severely lacking on an Apple Watch
    For now I will return the Watch and get me a charge 2
    Until Apple decides if it's making a smartwatch or a device that does both
    If you are looking for a fitness tracker first and smart watch second, Fitbit is the way to go. It just does a better job than the Apple Watch. You will really like the Charge 2. It's a great device. I miss mine for the dedicated fitness tracking.

I really appreciate everything else the AW can do so I am going to deal with the couple things it's not as good at on the fitness side.
    02-21-2017 05:37 AM
    That depends on what you want in a watch in general, and an Apple Watch in particular. Knowing that makes answering that question possible.
    This!
    03-10-2017 10:04 AM
    I ended up going back to my FitBit Charge 2. It's not that I didn't like the AW. I just realized that, at least for now, I primarily want a fitness tracker. In my opinion, the Charge 2 is far superior in that area. I still get notifications so I know who's calling or texting me and while I prefer to be able to answer from the watch, it doesn't outweigh the fitness/tracking shortcomings of the Apple watch.

I hope to give it another go if Apple tightens down the consistency of the watch relating to fitness/tracking. For now it's just not there for me especially when I can have the Fitbit at less than half the cost.
    rsgoldens likes this.
    03-10-2017 01:44 PM
44 12