Moving from FitBit to Apple Watch

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am just looking for some people to share their thoughts on switching from a Fitbit to the Apple Watch. I had the original Apple Watch and really liked it. I only got rid of it because my dumb butt was switching between Android and iOS. I picked up a FitBit Charge 2 a couple weeks ago and it's great. I really enjoy it, but with the sales on the Apple Watch Series 1 it's not much more to get the Apple Watch again. I am aware of the differences between the two. I am trading a weeks worth a battery life on the fitbit for a watch that does so much more day to day and therefore lacks the staying power of the Fitbit. I am about 99% sure I am going to make the swap today, but I am just looking for some feedback from someone that may have made the same move. While I think the FitBit is great for workouts and tracking sleep, I feel like I got more use during the day from the AW. If you made a similar swtich, anything you miss from the FitBit? Thank you.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
The Fitbit workout breakdown and app is hundreds of times better than Apples Activity but that said if you don't care about workout breakdowns then they offer the same.

The AW does offer more day to day functionality though and has much more in the way of expanding potential

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget, if you want to keep using the Fitbit challenges, etc., you can add your phone as a mobile tracker and as long as your phone is with you, it will use the accelerometer to track steps so you can still participate.

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I have been actually wearing my Fitbit Blaze more than my Apple Watch series 2. If your into fitness Fitbit is the way to go. I find the exercise app on the Apple to need work. The heart rate feature is very inconsistent and requires me to keep track of it through out my workout by pinching into into place and playing with band placement . The Fitbit has offered me better exercise analysis of my workouts than Apple . The only workout setting that I get an accurate workout tracking is on "other " in the Apple WATCH. The other sports settings have been highly inaccurate as I have matches against my chest strap with my polar and other devices.

Apple Watch offers better smart watch notifications but the reality is most of the text I need to respond to require me to use my phone anyway. I don't miss the call notifications that Apple offers because the reality is if it's a call I need to attend to I forward it to my Phone.

In the end, I'm very surprised that I love my Fitbit Blaze given that I have the series 2 Apple Watch. Fitbit is a great device if your serious about fitness but love having smart watch features that are simple and useful. I find the Apple Watch to have a lot of fluff I just don't use.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very much. Great feedback that really has me thinking now. I really like the Fitbit app with all of the data it collects and how accurate it appears to be compared to other devices that I have used. I paid for an app to sync the Fitbit app with Apple Health so I get the best of both right now. I may not be so quick to pull the trigger or at a minimum I may pick up the Apple Watch and hang on to the Fitbit while I use the AW and decide.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Thank you very much. Great feedback that really has me thinking now. I really like the Fitbit app with all of the data it collects and how accurate it appears to be compared to other devices that I have used. I paid for an app to sync the Fitbit app with Apple Health so I get the best of both right now. I may not be so quick to pull the trigger or at a minimum I may pick up the Apple Watch and hang on to the Fitbit while I use the AW and decide.

Don't let us put you off the Apple Watch. It's an amazing piece of technology that's rivalled by none.
Fitbit is a very different beast that has a very different purpose.

They just happen to overlap in places.

As someone who's used both I'd use both for different things if I wasn't so reliant on my watch for notifications during times where I can't use my phone such as meetings or work

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't let us put you off the Apple Watch. It's an amazing piece of technology that's rivalled by none.
Fitbit is a very different beast that has a very different purpose.

They just happen to overlap in places.

As someone who's used both I'd use both for different things if I wasn't so reliant on my watch for notifications during times where I can't use my phone such as meetings or work

Thanks. I really liked the convenience of the Apple Watch. I didn't pull my phone out nearly as much. I responded to or ignored notifications much faster. If I didn't have the Fitbit I wouldn't even hesitate. I think I can get the fitness data that I really need from the Apple Watch and then have all the advantages as well.

Again, I really appreciate the feedback.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I primarily use my Apple Watch for tracking move goals etc and notifications. I've not missed my old Fitbit Charge HR one bit since making the move to an Apple Watch last April.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
c87eea05eaffa0bf64a4700e8469bc28.jpg

Guess what I decided...lol. I forgot how comfortable it is. Now if I only had the time to play with it. I'll have to set it up a little at a time.

Thanks again for all the feedback!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
A part of me really wants to use the Mickey watch face lol

lol..I never used it on my first Apple Watch. I had to put it on for the picture at least. It seems there are quite a few more options for faces now than when I had the watch about a year ago. I will have to take a look at what all is new. I am sure there are a number of things I don't know about.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
lol..I never used it on my first Apple Watch. I had to put it on for the picture at least. It seems there are quite a few more options for faces now than when I had the watch about a year ago. I will have to take a look at what all is new. I am sure there are a number of things I don't know about.

I'm actually giving it a go. Just gotta make sure I download the voice so he can tell me the time

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well my coworker is an absolute Apple NUT. He was showing me that a couple weeks ago. I tried it and got nothing. I googled and saw something about downloading the voice if you tap and get no voice feedback

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Well my coworker is an absolute Apple NUT. He was showing me that a couple weeks ago. I tried it and got nothing. I googled and saw something about downloading the voice if you tap and get no voice feedback

I just tapped the watch face and it told me the time using Micky's voice. Just made my day. lol. I need to get out more.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
whats best apple watch to get guys

That depends on what you want in a watch in general, and an Apple Watch in particular. Knowing that makes answering that question possible.

Are you a dedicated runner who dislikes carrying a phone? Do you swim? If neither, then a Series 1 Watch might fill the bill. It lacks the waterproof recommendation and internal GPS, which the Series 2 lineup has.

In addition to the Series 2 features, the Nike+ has some runner/activity oriented Watch faces that may be easier/quicker to read 'on the run'.

There is more to the Watches than that, but there is almost never one quick and/or universal answer for everybody to the 'What's the best ______?' question. People who believe there is are almost certainly wrong on some level.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
whats best apple watch to get guys

I supposed it depends on what you need and want.

The "best" would be the Apple Watch Edition with the ceramic case.

Then there is the Apple Watch 2 with the Stainless steel case that's very nice, but still pretty expensive.

For most people the Apple Watch 2 with the aluminum case is the way to go to get the GPS, brighter screen and waterproof features.

If you don't need those things then the Series 1 is the way to go. That what I have and I love it.

You can check all of those out on the Apple website and decide what is "best" for you.

If you have more specific questions I'm sure everyone would be happy to try and help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR