I ended up going back to my FitBit Charge 2. It's not that I didn't like the AW. I just realized that, at least for now, I primarily want a fitness tracker. In my opinion, the Charge 2 is far superior in that area. I still get notifications so I know who's calling or texting me and while I prefer to be able to answer from the watch, it doesn't outweigh the fitness/tracking shortcomings of the Apple watch.

I hope to give it another go if Apple tightens down the consistency of the watch relating to fitness/tracking. For now it's just not there for me especially when I can have the Fitbit at less than half the cost.
    This! Plus I miss wearing my Breitling as I can pass it off with my Fitbit Charge 2, but not with my Apple Watch.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    03-10-2017 05:15 PM
    I find app use makes the Apple Watch as fine a fitness tracker as I need. I see the HRM samples more when I'm running a workout whether built in app or the Abvio (Cyclemeter, Runmeter, Walkmeter - really the same).

It's the overall package that made an AW 2 more attractive to me than a Fitbit or some others. One can also use a strap HRM with the Apple Watch which is what my triathlete and most obsessed fitness or competing associates do. Some use a chest type, some one on their arm.

Many associates with Fitbit and Garmin products don't use them as much as with Apple Watch. No right or wrong here but I've come to appreciate the all the time nature and overall capability of Apple Watch over a dedicated fitness tracker. When I do a bike ride, run or work out the AW is fine.
    03-13-2017 07:17 AM
    I find app use makes the Apple Watch as fine a fitness tracker as I need. I see the HRM samples more when I'm running a workout whether built in app or the Abvio (Cyclemeter, Runmeter, Walkmeter - really the same).

It's the overall package that made an AW 2 more attractive to me than a Fitbit or some others. One can also use a strap HRM with the Apple Watch which is what my triathlete and most obsessed fitness or competing associates do. Some use a chest type, some one on their arm.

Many associates with Fitbit and Garmin products don't use them as much as with Apple Watch. No right or wrong here but I've come to appreciate the all the time nature and overall capability of Apple Watch over a dedicated fitness tracker. When I do a bike ride, run or work out the AW is fine.
    That's great that it works for you. I wish I felt the same way. The AW is just not there for me at the price point it's at. It might be totally worth it for other people though. I can just get what I need from the less expensive Fitbit and for me it's a better solution for what I want from a wearable.

I could be singing a different tune this time next year. We will see.
    03-13-2017 07:35 AM
    That's great that it works for you.
    That's what it's all about— finding what works for you. I wish more people could appreciate perspective and not confuse fact with their opinion.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    03-14-2017 08:33 AM
    That's what it's all about— finding what works for you. I wish more people could appreciate perspective and not confuse fact with their opinion.
    Very well said. I think a lot of people are in these forums and asking questions because they are trying to figure out what works for them. I'll always be chasing that myself and will never catch it because tech is always evolving. It's also what makes it fun for me.
    mumfoau likes this.
    03-14-2017 08:40 AM
    Very well said. I think a lot of people are in these forums and asking questions because they are trying to figure out what works for them. I'll always be chasing that myself and will never catch it because tech is always evolving. It's also what makes it fun for me.
    So true!
    03-14-2017 11:41 AM
    I still use both. I use the AW as my main smartwatch. I bought a Fitbit one to stay with that platform bc all my friends use Fitbits and I like the social aspect of it. Wish Apple had that.
    04-29-2017 12:32 PM
    I still use both. I use the AW as my main smartwatch. I bought a Fitbit one to stay with that platform bc all my friends use Fitbits and I like the social aspect of it. Wish Apple had that.
    I'm selling my AW because I never used it to it's full potential.
    04-29-2017 01:45 PM
    I went and bought the Nike+ Series 2 a couple days ago. I have had some issues in the past with the Apple Watch, but after spending another 6 weeks with the Fitbit, I really missed the AW. I went with the Series 2 so that I can use it in the pool as well. I'm going to stick with it this time. The other features outweigh the couple of issues I've had. I am also making more of an effort to set it up to use more. I realized that I didn't really give it a fair shake in the past.
    04-29-2017 01:56 PM
    I went and bought the Nike+ Series 2 a couple days ago. I have had some issues in the past with the Apple Watch, but after spending another 6 weeks with the Fitbit, I really missed the AW. I went with the Series 2 so that I can use it in the pool as well. I'm going to stick with it this time. The other features outweigh the couple of issues I've had. I am also making more of an effort to set it up to use more. I realized that I didn't really give it a fair shake in the past.
    What kind of issues are you referring to?
    04-29-2017 02:44 PM
    What kind of issues are you referring to?
    "Issues" is probably the wrong word. I liked the way Fitbit tracked sleeping but I have now solved that with a combo of AutoSleep and HeartWatch. Awesome apps. I'm still not convinced that the heart rate monitor is as accurate but I am going to deal with it. Everything else is amazing.
    04-29-2017 02:47 PM
    "Issues" is probably the wrong word. I liked the way Fitbit tracked sleeping but I have now solved that with a combo of AutoSleep and HeartWatch. Awesome apps. I'm still not convinced that the heart rate monitor is as accurate but I am going to deal with it. Everything else is amazing.
    I never used my Apple Watch for sleep tracking, but I'll keep this in mind if I decide to keep my Apple Watch. Also I too have noticed difference in the heart rate monitor between my Fitbit and the previous Apple Watch I had.
    04-29-2017 03:01 PM
    I'm with you on the heart rate accuracy. I feel like my Fitbit Surge was more accurate. As I posted in a different thread, my AW will tell me my heart rate is in the 180s when I'm walking briskly and able to speak normally. And it'll report similar heart rate when I'm doing a 5-6 mile run at a brisk pace when I can maybe speak in 2-3 word phrases. It seems to have gotten a bit better with the latest watchOS update. Just a bit better, but not accurate.
    Last edited by eyecrispy; 04-29-2017 at 08:32 PM.
    04-29-2017 04:32 PM
    I never used my Apple Watch for sleep tracking, but I'll keep this in mind if I decide to keep my Apple Watch. Also I too have noticed difference in the heart rate monitor between my Fitbit and the previous Apple Watch I had.
    I'm with you on the heart rate accuracy. I feel like my Fitbit Surge was more accurate. As I posted in a different thread, my AW will tell me my heart rate is in the 180s when in walking briskly and able to speak normally. And it'll report similar heart rate when I'm doing a 5-6 mile run at a brisk pace when I can maybe speak in 2-3 word phrases. It seems to have gotten a bit better with the latest watchOS update. Just a bit better, but not accurate.
    It really is disappointing. I would think Apple would do better since they are so focused on advertising the fitness aspects of the Apple Watch.
    04-29-2017 05:32 PM
    I'm with you on the heart rate accuracy. I feel like my Fitbit Surge was more accurate. As I posted in a different thread, my AW will tell me my heart rate is in the 180s when in walking briskly and able to speak normally. And it'll report similar heart rate when I'm doing a 5-6 mile run at a brisk pace when I can maybe speak in 2-3 word phrases. It seems to have gotten a bit better with the latest watchOS update. Just a bit better, but not accurate.
    I've noticed that too on my previous Apple Watch
    04-29-2017 06:13 PM
    It really is disappointing. I would think Apple would do better since they are so focused on advertising the fitness aspects of the Apple Watch.
    Exactly
    04-29-2017 06:14 PM
    I've noticed that too on my previous Apple Watch
    I actually think my series 0 was more accurate than my Nike+.
    04-29-2017 08:32 PM
    Hard to beat the Apple watch. If you really like Fb though, you may want to hold off a couple months and check out their next-gen. Supposed to be waterproof and several other upgrades. (Like always, though. You can always wait for upgrades. Probably get the Watch for overall enjoyment rather than expect it to be better at Fb's strong suit.)
    05-04-2017 05:54 AM
    I have Minnie and love it. The voice makes me smile and laugh.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    05-11-2017 12:47 AM
44 12