Retain Activity Data - Set up phone as new

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Looks like a great tool, but does anyone find it kind of ridiculous that we have to resort to a 3rd party app to restore activity data?

Kind of :) But it's either restore it and move on or worry about it. I figured I'd belly-ache more over the missing data than I would spending money on a tool to do it lol

bigtruck1369

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Wow! That's GREAT! Good on ya!

Weight isn't my problem, but lousy aerobic capacity is. General muscle tone could also use some work. While the numbers data is important, the Watch's rings are simple and quick to understand, colorful and fun. And I like the badges. What can I say.

That, combined with accounts like yours, inspire me to get moving, even without competition. Keep up the good work and know that doing what you're doing has helped someone you've never even met. Thank you for that.

Thank you for your kind words!

bigtruck1369

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
So have you set up the phone as new yet and did you use Decipher?

Sorry for the lack of updates, but unfortunately I don't have any yet. I've had some family obligations (like a toddler turning 3 and all of the prep that goes with that!) so I haven't been able to mess with it, but I need to do something soon because I'm traveling next week.

Thanks for checking in!

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Having the rings to fill and maintaining my streak has been the thing that has motivated to get moving again. After many attempts to get more active so that I can be more healthy, nothing has kept me on it like this, and the responsibility of walking the dog twice a day that came home with us at Christmas.

Not having a good way to keep this data (and momentum!) while fixing a software issue I'm having with my phone is frustrating. I've lost 10 pounds through the month of January, met my move goal 65 days since getting my watch, filled all three rings for 40 days now, and I'm on a 30 day streak of hitting 10k+ daily steps. I currently weigh around 380, so these are all huge accomplishments.

In short, I strongly believe that recording (and keeping) the fitness data is very important.

First, GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! KEEP IT UP!!!!

Second, I feel the same way about my activity data - my streak is no where near as long as yours (44 days of all three rings), but it is still important to me and I would be disappointed if I lost that data, even though I know I did it. I know that Decipher has worked for a couple of my colleagues but I haven't used it myself. Hopefully you can find a solution to allow you to keep the data. Please keep us posted!

bigtruck1369

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!!

The Decipher Tools solution worked perfectly. I even paid for the license so I could transfer my text and iMessages as well. I probably didn't really have to, but I was so excited that it worked that I wanted to support them.

I have a clean install WITH my watch, health, and activity data (and my iMessages) and it was easy. The only trouble I ran into was that my computer took FOREVER to handle most of its tasks, but that's not related to the software.

I highly recommend this tool for anyone who wants to start fresh and keep their health and activity data.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

The Decipher Tools solution worked perfectly. I even paid for the license so I could transfer my text and iMessages as well. I probably didn't really have to, but I was so excited that it worked that I wanted to support them.

I have a clean install WITH my watch, health, and activity data (and my iMessages) and it was easy. The only trouble I ran into was that my computer took FOREVER to handle most of its tasks, but that's not related to the software.

I highly recommend this tool for anyone who wants to start fresh and keep their health and activity data.

I did the same thing. Worked flawlessly.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the update. It's good to have multiple confirmations that the solution works as promised.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the update. It's good to have multiple confirmations that the solution works as promised.

Yes - and their support is great. I was using a beta when I tried to use it, and they emailed me a version they were testing but not yet released to make sure I had something to try. Worked great :)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Does it work if you back up via iCloud and not iTunes?
I've just increased my workout regimen and want to keep them!

No. it's an app that basically takes the backup file and breaks out the stuff you want to keep, then you restore it. You need to do it through iTunes at least this one time. After that you can backup with iCloud.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
No. it's an app that basically takes the backup file and breaks out the stuff you want to keep, then you restore it. You need to do it through iTunes at least this one time. After that you can backup with iCloud.

I'm totally gonna check this out. Does it break out anything other than activity data? Like SMS or photos? I find it very annoying that iOS backups are one giant hunk that can't be restore piece by piece at the user's discretion.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm totally gonna check this out. Does it break out anything other than activity data? Like SMS or photos? I find it very annoying that iOS backups are one giant hunk that can't be restore piece by piece at the user's discretion.

Their website has all the info. I carried forward activity and messages but that's it. Photos I have in iCloud Photo Library.

kelda_w

Banned
Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I can't help but chime in :) I just saw this thread reviewing our site's recent incoming links, and I really appreciate all of the kind words about Decipher Activity Transfer. I'm glad people like it!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I can't help but chime in :) I just saw this thread reviewing our site's recent incoming links, and I really appreciate all of the kind words about Decipher Activity Transfer. I'm glad people like it!

It's a utility that does what it says, and does it well!

bigtruck1369

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site

If you use the free version of the app you can only do activity data. If you but a license you can choose from a bunch of different things to restore. I chose to keep my iMessages too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro