Apple's New Year's Activity Challenge — It's started.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
And I think I already blew the first week.

As noted in the Thanksgiving Day thread below, Apple has issued another Activity Challenge. Short version— close your three Activity rings every day for one week — Monday through Friday for your next achievement badge. It's not as cool as the Thanksgiving Day badge, but it's an achievement! And you don't get one for just showing up!

The challenge runs for the month of January, so there are four chances to get a qualifying week.

I got up late today. My Move and Calorie goals were met, but I don't think there will be enough chances between now and midnight to meet the Stand requirement. Rats!

The rests of the week may get a pass, or it may be completed for penance. I really did want to qualify in the first week. At least I have three more chances.

Has anybody else started? I mean besides the Crazy Ones who already do it daily.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
And I think I already blew the first week.

As noted in the Thanksgiving Day thread below, Apple has issued another Activity Challenge. Short version— close your three Activity rings every day for one week — Monday through Friday for your next achievement badge. It's not as cool as the Thanksgiving Day badge, but it's an achievement! And you don't get one for just showing up!

The challenge runs for the month of January, so there are four chances to get a qualifying week.

I got up late today. My Move and Calorie goals were met, but I don't think there will be enough chances between now and midnight to meet the Stand requirement. Rats!

The rests of the week may get a pass, or it may be completed for penance. I really did want to qualify in the first week. At least I have three more chances.

Has anybody else started? I mean besides the Crazy Ones who already do it daily.

Standing is a goal I never fail to achieve. Starting yesterday though I decided to run an exercise on my Apple Watch daily. I believe it counts calories a little more accurately since it's constantly reading your heart rate. It also counts towards exercise minutes. So with that place, I far surpass my exercise goal now and hit my move ring. Two days down this year and I plan on keeping it going. Between that and cutting down on soda, and eventually completely cutting it out, I should see some benefits in a month or two. As long as you wake up before 1pm and don't mind staying up until after 11pm you have plenty of time to complete your stand goal. 11 clock hours. So if you start at noon you can finish at 11pm.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

Yes I've started and yes I'm definitely one of the Crazy Ones since I've done it 529 days in a row. This is one of the times when it's tough because I'm in Chile with a group of MBAs and it's difficult to find time to exercise.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Standing is a goal I never fail to achieve. Starting yesterday though I decided to run an exercise on my Apple Watch daily. I believe it counts calories a little more accurately since it's constantly reading your heart rate. It also counts towards exercise minutes. So with that place, I far surpass my exercise goal now and hit my move ring. Two days down this year and I plan on keeping it going. Between that and cutting down on soda, and eventually completely cutting it out, I should see some benefits in a month or two. As long as you wake up before 1pm and don't mind staying up until after 11pm you have plenty of time to complete your stand goal. 11 clock hours. So if you start at noon you can finish at 11pm.

Good for you!

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Well, I only got 11 out of 12 'stands', so this week is shot as far as qualifying goes. I'll make attempts to finish the week, but my heart won't be in it. :(

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm one for one so far this week, lol. As long as i can get a run or walk in at lunch the next couple of days I should knock it out this week.

jb5150

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I close all three rings every day... except over the holiday when I left my charger at home (and was staying with family apparently nowhere near where I could find another)

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I always meet my stand goal and on a normal week, I got all three goals 6 of 7 days. I rest on Sundays because when I workout, I workout hard. My active calories is set at 700 and I'm a skinny lady, so it takes a lot to hit it. I need to let my body rest once a week to heal.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
As mentioned, I missed out on the first week. Tomorrow is a busy day and I don't think that'll work. Then there's rain for a couple of says. So I'll have Week 3 and 4 to try to qualify.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods