What's your longest move streak? (Warning - significant bragging involved!)

slcasner

Mar 9, 2018
Visit site
Good for you! Of course, we've only been able to reach these awards because we were able to buy the original Apple Watch shortly after it came out and then take the Activity app to heart. In my case it was about 6 weeks; I wonder if there are any non-Apple-employee customers who got a watch sooner and kept up with move goals.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Good for you! Of course, we've only been able to reach these awards because we were able to buy the original Apple Watch shortly after it came out and then take the Activity app to heart. In my case it was about 6 weeks; I wonder if there are any non-Apple-employee customers who got a watch sooner and kept up with move goals.

Hi slcasner. I got your Private Message and even though I sent two replies, my Sent Items box is empty. Did you get my messages?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
20220528_141110000_iOS.jpg

I bought my first Apple Watch 6/20/15. It took me about a month to decide what I wanted for a move goal. This decision was tricky because I felt I could average around 800 calories a day but could not do that on an everyday basis. Since Apple won't let you set anything other than a daily goal, I set one that would force me to do at least SOME exercise, even on days where I was traveling all day or just otherwise had no time to do a workout. I realize for some of you, setting a lower goal that's achievable may seem like cheating, but for me its motivating.

My 2500 day move streak started 7/25/15. Since that day, I have run 8500 miles, walked 12000 miles, and averaged 883 calories per day. The really surprising part of this is that it means I haven't had a single day where I couldn't get in some exercise. I'd be happy with 2500 more!

If you made it this far, thanks for reading.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 131892

I bought my first Apple Watch 6/20/15. It took me about a month to decide what I wanted for a move goal. This decision was tricky because I felt I could average around 800 calories a day but could not do that on an everyday basis. Since Apple won't let you set anything other than a daily goal, I set one that would force me to do at least SOME exercise, even on days where I was traveling all day or just otherwise had no time to do a workout. I realize for some of you, setting a lower goal that's achievable may seem like cheating, but for me its motivating.

My 2500 day move streak started 7/25/15. Since that day, I have run 8500 miles, walked 12000 miles, and averaged 883 calories per day. The really surprising part of this is that it means I haven't had a single day where I couldn't get in some exercise. I'd be happy with 2500 more!

If you made it this far, thanks for reading.

Congratulations on 2500!
giphy.gif

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
aed43afc3edcc86b90ed045990042c5a.jpg

This is weird. My longest move streak was reset to 34 days :(

Before the reset, were there days when the Longest Move Streak notification didn't show up? I've have had that happen numerous times in the past, but as Annie said, it eventually corrected itself. Fingers crossed!

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Before the reset, were there days when the Longest Move Streak notification didn't show up? I've have had that happen numerous times in the past, but as Annie said, it eventually corrected itself. Fingers crossed!

I lost my move streak twice, so that counter would have reset. I was around 200 days in my longest move streak. I suspect these values come from the fact that I had to restore an iCloud Backup last night :(

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I lost my move streak twice, so that counter would have reset. I was around 200 days in my longest move streak. I suspect these values come from the fact that I had to restore an iCloud Backup last night :(

Was there an option to restore an older backup and would that fix the incorrect move streak or just cause other problems?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Was there an option to restore an older backup and would that fix the incorrect move streak or just cause other problems?

It was the only backup for my iPhone.

I'm a little disappointed, but hey, I will be reminded how amazing I am daily for a while, so not all is lost :D

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods