What's your longest move streak? (Warning - significant bragging involved!)

slcasner

Mar 9, 2018
Visit site
Today I reached 1000 all in one streak, no cheating or fixups. Those 1000 days include 5 transatlantic flights and one flight across the international dateline where the timezone shifts make closing all three rings difficult.IMG_3902.jpgIMG_3909.jpg

Caipirina

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
Joining the club

Today I reached 1000 all in one streak, no cheating or fixups. Those 1000 days include 5 transatlantic flights and one flight across the international dateline where the timezone shifts make closing all three rings difficult.

And Bam, with a nice 14K run today I closed the rings for the 1000th time in a streak! Awesome feeling, but also the question: what now?

I think for now I keep going, but I also sense that my Apple Watch is not going to hold much longer (it now is somehow constantly in theater mode, meaning I have to tap to see anything, the wrist move does not work anymore) ... and since I really got into running I got a Garmin, so, I move around like a dork with 1 smartwatch on each wrist :)

What happened to tcuprof? or did you sign up with a new name?

Congrats to slcasner! I know how challenging travel days are. I have done runs at 4AM to get the calorie goal out of the way (and endless indoor walks in airports) ... what was your goal? Mine is an even 1000 ;)

1000MS.jpg

slcasner

Mar 9, 2018
Visit site
Re: Joining the club

Congratulations to you, too, Caipirina! My goal is a comparatively measly 300, but that's what I need on a daily basis to keep my blood sugar in check. I'm guessing you may be younger than me as well :)

After I posted here I found some postings elsewhere from a few individuals who reached the achievement quite close to 1000 days after the Apple Watch initial release date of April 24, 2015. I didn't receive my watch until June 1 and it took me a couple of weeks to get into the groove of closing all three rings every day.

My Series 1 still seems to be hanging in there pretty well. Only occasionally does the watch hit low power before the end of the day, and that seems to be because the green pulse sensing LEDs stay stuck on after the workout for some reason.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

What happened to tcuprof? or did you sign up with a new name?

I'm still here. Didn't see your post for two reasons.
1- My email shuffled notice of your reply into my junk folder so I didn't see it until I checked that folder today.
2- I originally posted this in the Apple Watch forum that I visit quite frequently. For some reason, a moderator moved it to this forum which I never visit.

I hit the 1000 move goals last March 26 and as of today, my longest move streak is 1111 days (3+ years).

A few of us over on the watch forum have bemoaned the fact that, once you hit the 1000 move goal, that's it as far as achievements go. I'd like to see Apple add 1500 and 2000 achievements.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have hit every, move, stand and exercise ring since the watch was launched.

The only breaks showing in my app are due to beta install testing issues. And I think that is only 2 stand days and 1 move day.

I also have hit every challenge but one that was impossible by human standards. 180 miles in the month of January, in snowy Northern VA.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
The monthly challenges seem to range from ridiculously easy to impossible. July was something like 2400 exercise minutes - totally impossible given that I was traveling the whole month. August was 13 workouts, which I accomplished in about 9 days.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have hit every, move, stand and exercise ring since the watch was launched.

The only breaks showing in my app are due to beta install testing issues. And I think that is only 2 stand days and 1 move day.

I also have hit every challenge but one that was impossible by human standards. 180 miles in the month of January, in snowy Northern VA.

I had a really long steak going (several months) and then it got ruined on my flight to Asia. The Apple Watch didn’t handle the time zone changes well at all and I got screwed. It made me so mad. Not sure why. I mean, I did all the work so my body didn’t lose out but I was so annoyed that my rings were not reflected properly.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I had a really long steak going (several months) and then it got ruined on my flight to Asia. The Apple Watch didn’t handle the time zone changes well at all and I got screwed. It made me so mad. Not sure why. I mean, I did all the work so my body didn’t lose out but I was so annoyed that my rings were not reflected properly.

I would be very upset if that happened to me. I travel quite a bit and I've learned to be careful to account for time changes, but I can sure see how that could happen.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I would be very upset if that happened to me. I travel quite a bit and I've learned to be careful to account for time changes, but I can sure see how that could happen.

I think your streak is much longer than mine. I tried to account for it but wasn’t sure how the watch would handle a 13 hour time difference. Well, it didn’t handle it well. I would’ve had to stay up all night/day to make the stand goal. That wasn’t gonna happen.

Caipirina

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
The monthly challenges seem to range from ridiculously easy to impossible. July was something like 2400 exercise minutes - totally impossible given that I was traveling the whole month. August was 13 workouts, which I accomplished in about 9 days.

These weird monthly challenges are new? I only had them twice so far ... in September it said 'you did 84 workouts last months, so please to 93 in September' ... ok ... for October I had to double my move goal 3 times, which I also did ...

Caipirina

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
And back with a little weird update ... I have been going going going the last 3 months as usual ... and I have started the habit of taking a pic of my move goal notification everyday, in case something goes kabluee, as it might have happened now ... 3 days ago I was at 1097, 2 days ago 1098, yesterday 1099, what was strange yesterday was that I received a notification reminding me to 'not give up, you are so close to closing your ring' ... that was a few hours after I had closed it ... and then today ... Tadaaa!!! I am back at 1097!! WHA ??? The screen shot from the app makes it double weird:

1100.jpg

But let's see, I had it before the weird things ended up fixing themselves (like that one time I saw TWO longest move streak medals for one day! )

slcasner

Mar 9, 2018
Visit site

Thanks for the congrats ... and there is a good chance you'd be guessing wrong ... I was ten years old when I watched Star Wars in it's original theatrical run on the big screen :D
Well, I had completed grad school when Star Wars was released. Still, you are doing better than I am.

ab06deg1

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
efc54f7ac20fc6bee74df59470450c8f.jpg

I use AW since October 2016 but with fitness tracking off, I don’t know what was on my mind Since 21 of last August I never missed a day on closing all rings ( except stand ring on the 31st October - the day my s4 was bricked during THAT update).

slcasner

Mar 9, 2018
Visit site
I just noticed today that the activity app is not reporting the longest move streak correctly:
IMG_5345.jpg
Note that the longest move streak of 1763 days is ending on 4/9/20 which is today, yet the current streak is only 2 days. I looked back over the past several days to verify that I have not missed a move goal. Anyone else see this kind of problem? I need to see if the longest streak increases to 1764 tomorrow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods