Bug: Activity App/Exercise ring

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Seems the Activity App Exercise ring isn't quite seeing things correctly...I thought my usual walk would trigger something on it... A mile and a half in about 40 minutes would register something on that exercise ring.... Well, two days in a row...nothing... Turns out...reading the Apple Support Discussion boards - I'm not alone... And if you use the Workout app with the 'pre defined' activities, things done under 'Workout' we're not correctly registering as exercise in the Activity app...unless you started a Workout as "Other"...

Bottom Line... Start a Workout as Other to get exercise credit in the Activity App until Apple fixes the bug...

Happy workouts y'all...

Last edited:

JumpingJayzuz

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I took an 8km walk on Friday evening and it only registered 10 mins exercise. (Took way longer than 10 mins! And the pace was quite fast.) I used the 'Outdoor Walk' setting. Next time I'll use 'Other'.

cutemoto

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
If I restored my iPhone would that erase all my goals I've earned for the activity app & will I have to get the trophies again?

Penique

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
My Activity exercise ring stopped working in early June after working fine for a month. Up until then, I had not used the Workout app. Did an Outdoor walk and got no exercise credit. Did the usual power-offs, re-pair, nothing worked. Then I saw tip about using "other" and that worked. Have been going back and forth with AppleCare for two weeks where they kept having me try different things and then send them a screen shot. Finally today I was told engineers recognize there is a software problem, they are working on it and there will be an update coming (my rep didn't know when). He said he would notify me when it is released. Crossing fingers it is soon as Exercise features was one of the reasons I bought the  Watch

Thoughts_Aloud

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks much. I was frustrated with this bug and actually found this site while searching for a solution. I just tried 'other' on my treadmill and it now works fine. ◄Dave►

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Interesting... I use Other most of the time since I am in the gym, but I have done a few outdoor runs and walks and have gotten credit for them. I wonder how it is determining the activity level? I am in good heart health so my resting HR is pretty low, I wonder if it sees a significant increase in my HR which is why it is saying I am active???

WST88

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone found that the Health App is not updating to the iPhone? Mine has not updated since 6 pm last night (noon Now). Anyway to force an update?