Hey I'm just wondering if anyone else here hates flying in airplanes too? I am heading to Vegas in a few weeks and if anyone has any tips on how to beat this phobia that would be great. I know I'm probably just going to have to bite the bullet and just do it to overcome it, but worse part is my wife is looking forward to this a lot and I'm going to be with lots of friends also so that makes the anticipation worse lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-12-2014 12:28 AM
    My father was terrified of flying, and simply took an anxiety pill before every flight. Worked for him.
    02-12-2014 12:31 AM
    My father was terrified of flying, and simply took an anxiety pill before every flight. Worked for him.
    Yeah I have heard mixed reviews about those. Some people it works great and others say it makes them a mess and makes their flight uncomfortable. It's only a 3 hour flight so it's not like it's all too extreme

02-12-2014 12:37 AM
    Yeah I have heard mixed reviews about those. Some people it works great and others say it makes them a mess and makes their flight uncomfortable. It's only a 3 hour flight so it's not like it's all too extreme

Your going to Vegas right? Might as well start your pre game before the flight and kill a bottle of your favorite liquor
    HAWK likes this.
    02-12-2014 12:41 AM
    Have a drink and relax, or just try to relax and enjoy your trip. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    02-12-2014 12:43 AM
    Best way to fight any phobia is to face it head on and fight fire with fire. There is no other way, that's how it's done. Hope you have a good vacation and whatever you do DONT take medication with alcohol, don't take medication at all.... You can do it on your own.
    02-15-2014 02:47 PM
    Best way to fight any phobia is to face it head on and fight fire with fire. There is no other way, that's how it's done. Hope you have a good vacation and whatever you do DONT take medication with alcohol, don't take medication at all.... You can do it on your own.
    Yeah that's kind of what I am thinking is gonna need to happen
    I BEN I likes this.
    02-15-2014 02:55 PM
    Watch some TV or something on the plane. Try to ignore the fact you're flying.
    02-15-2014 05:02 PM
    I am the one heights, strange sounds, sitting in stale air and the latest fear,terrorism.
    08-12-2014 07:18 AM