Post up your workout

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
Ran in the rain toady. Knew if I skipped due to weather it would be hard to get back into it.

Just finished week 1 day 2 of #C25K with @c25kfree! Running for a cause with @BCRFcure! #everymomentcounts

Sent from my iPhone 5

WhiteSponge

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Mine's really simple

First start with stretching.

Then 1 round of brisk walk,
then 1 round of slow jogging

that's warming up the lower body ~

Then 1 set of maximum pull-ups/chin-ups
+ 2 counts of special jump pull-ups (basically you jump up till your chin's over the bar, then u hold on at that height and slowly release your arm's strength to reach back to the ground ~

Special jump pull-ups help a lot to train your pull-ups/chin-ups as the efficiency rate of training your arm muscles is 2X when coming down from the bar.
I trained from a maximum of 4 pull-ups/chin-ups to now 12 (recently hit it)

After that 1 set, I sometimes do some tuck jumps. And by that time my body's almost fully warmed up so I will start my real jogging then.

Usually I will jog only around 4 rounds (estimated 2km?) but with consistent high speed. After that it's back to another set of maximum pull-ups/chin-ups followed by more special jump pull-ups ~

When your body's all warmed up, doing static exercises such as pull-ups/chin-ups or sit-ups will be even more effective.

And that's when I do my usual sit up, crunches and leg raise.

There is something to note about crunches though. There is a BIG difference when u do it right vs when u do it wrong.

When doing crunches, always breathe in and when u do so, ONLY use your stomach muscles to slowly move your upper body up a little. There is no need for your elbow to touch your knees. On top of that, try to always look up so that you won't use your neck to help u do the crunches.

If you don't do so, it is possible to strain your neck and the crunches will not have hit the right abdominal muscles.

If you did it right, after like a set of 25, you will definitely feel muscle pain/stretch in your lower stomach abdominal muscles

After everything, I also stretch to cool down my muscles to prevent ache the next day :D

techboys

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Back In the days i used to work with the normal multiple sets and high reps and volume workouts.. But I am really busy now and was working on 5x5s and i noticed i had more gains than i was before..

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
My workout schedule is in flux
Here's what its been the last few months:
Monday: Take an hour cardio class, and an hour karate class.
Tuesday, Run 3 to 5 miles at lunch, take an hour cardio class at night
Wednesday Run 5 to 10 miles at lunch, take a 1/2 hour gut and **** class. Take 2 hours of karate.
Thursday Run 3 to 5 miles at lunch, take an hour cardio class.
Friday: rest day.
Saturday, 4 hours of cardio and karate classes.
Sunday run 5 to 10 miles

What I'm planning on in the near future, as I'm getting ready for my 2nd degree black belt test next year.
Mondays - pushups and other upper body workouts, running cardio class and karate
Tuesday - leg workouts, running, cardio class and karate
Wednesday - pushups and other upper body workouts cardio and karate
Thursdays - arm workouts, cardio
Friday rest day
Saturday, 4 hours of cardio and karate classes.
Sunday run 5 to 10 miles

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I have been doing Strong Lifts 5x5 for about 4 weeks now. Going well. 40-45 min at my gym at station and done.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2