Pedometer challenge

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Sorry guys needed to get my lightning cable replaced and forgot to bring the one from work. So the weekend I was running off fumes. My Fitbit has been delivered today :0) so I figure I will resume tomorrow with a better count than the crappy ass app. So lets see how much of a difference there is I'll be tracking again tomorrow. I also thought it might be interesting if you guys want to share our jobs or what we are doing most of the day. Also our tricks for getting out and walking for example if you have a desk job etc.

I'm an Network Admin, our office building is a four story building. I have a 30 minute walk every weekday 15 mins from train station to office and back in the evening. Starting about 6 months ago I stopped taking the elevator. In the last six months I have taken the elevator a total of maybe 10 times. So during the day I spend about 10 -15 minutes running up and down 6 flights of stairs. I go to the gym 5 days a week and hit the treadmill all if not 4 of those days. Since I spend a lot of time at my desk this is how I get my excercise in while I'm at work and for most of my weekdays.

PS can I add you guys on Fitbit?

I'm interested to see your real numbers from FitBit. Congrats on becoming an official owner, you're gonna love it! My username there is jclisenby.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Mine is refusing to sync up today's totals even though I can see it on the device. Has anyone else had problems with that before?

Steps. 4138
Stairs. 18

Do you mean sync with your iDevice or computer? I have the Ultra, so it doesn't sync with my iPhone. But sometimes if I unplug the USB from my computer and then plug it back in, it won't sync with my computer.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Good total for me on a rainy day. Walked for 2 hours inside the gym and got this great total.

9utuqy2y.jpg

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm gonna add you guys :) I love this thing and it's only been one day! You can see the app was way off on my total it's only 9AM and I'm already at 2K which before was my total for the day!

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1363698558.801160.jpg

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
With my phone. I even tried deleting the app and re-adding it. All my other data is fine. It's just today for some reason. I'll have to see how tomorrow goes.

Try turning off your Bluetooth reboot the phone then turn the BT on and open the app. If it still wont sync go to the devices make sure use BT is on and tap the device.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If any of you are MyFitnessPal users you can link the accounts so that Fitbit cals burned will update your daily count on MFP. I didn't know so just posting in case you guys didn't know either. Just check the link Help | MyFitnessPal.com

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Did my usual podcast yesterday and totally forgot to add my totals. So here they are

Wed Mar-20

I still haven't been able to hit the treadmill this week so it should be interesting once I get back into my regular workouts including a run on the treadmill

Attachments

• fitbit.jpg
    fitbit.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 16

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody who has a FitBit know anything about how waterproof they are? I'm going to Great Wolf Lodge (an indoor watermark if you didn't know) with my kids over spring break and I'd like to keep it with me especially to count all the stairs I'll be climbing.

I'm thinking about putting it inside a couple of ziplock bags. Do you think this would work?

Don't put it in water. It will short out and be ruined. The ziplock bag idea, that could work. As long as you have a waterproofing method, go for it. But getting the actual device wet is a no go. I've gotten mine a little wet from extreme sweat and had some minor issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2