CONTEST: Eating clean - Day 2!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
It's nutrition week day 2, how clean are you eating today?

--

It's Fitness Month week 2, and that means nutrition, and that means our Eating Clean contest! Every day this week there'll be a thread in our health and fitness forums, and all you have to do to enter is tell us what you ate during the day. The idea is to get a little community pressure going so we all eat less junk food and more healthy, tasty meals and snacks. If you have a food tracker, a Withings scale, or any other device that helps you out, you can simply share your results each day!

This is a great way to keep us all motivated and accountable, and get a little healthy peer-pressure going! Plus, every day you enter is a chance to win a $20 gift certificate! How's that for motivation?!

So get ready, and get posting in the thread below!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Here's a recipe for a great, "green" smoothie... full of nutrition and tastes great. I had it for breakfast this morning instead of my usual scrambled eggs and pineapple...

• 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein (I use Jay Robb's)
  • 3 cups of spinach
  • 1/2 banana
  • 2 tbsp of natural peanut butter
  • 2/3 cup of unsweetened almond milk
  • 3 big handfuls of ice

Blend for about 3-5 minutes until everything is smooth and creamy.

Calories: 254
Carbs: 31g
Fat: 2g
Protein: 29g

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Today I will post my pretty much daily lunch:

Mccormick - Ground Cinnamon , 1 teaspoon
Jif - Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, 1 Tbsp
Spectrum - Organic Ground Flaxseed - Corrected, 1 Tbsp
Quaker Oats - Old Fashioned Oatmeal - Dry, 1/2 cup
Gold Standard - 100% Casein Creamy Vanilla, 1 Heaping Scoop
Nordic Naturals - Ultimate Omega, 1 soft gels

Calories: 414
Carbs: 38
Fat: 16
Protein: 35

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Today I ate ten meals in total. Four of them were tiny portions of steamed rice with veggies. I also had four bananas, one apple, one orange and the leaf of a lettuce.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
A friend came over this morning with two garbage bags filled with produce from his garden. One was filled completely with collards, and I'll fix them over the weekend. The other had all sorts of good stuff for salad, so that's what I had for lunch, with some home-made caesar dressing. I'd just come back from grocery shopping when he stopped by, and gotten fixings for gourmet mac & cheese, so that's what's for supper.

Unfortunately, there's still a little King Cake left, so I'll be having dessert tonight. ;)

TheBiggmann

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Breakfast: a fried egg on toasted thinly sliced baguette slices topped with shredded chicken breast and a pinch of romano cheese. DELICIOUS. Give it a shot.

Lunch: remaining half of chicken breast on a piece of the remaining baguette with a greek yogurt based spread I concocted.

Dinner: Holy smokes that's too far away yet to be worrying about!

heberman

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Here was my day. I went to the dentist so I didn't eat much:

Costco- Kirkland - Chocolate Weight Loss Shake
Subway - 6' Black Forrest Ham on Wheat With American Cheese, Lettuce, Cucumbers and Light Mayo
Honeynut Cheerios - General Mills
Milk - Nonfat (fat free or skim)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro