Heart Rate Tracking

badmoon7575

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out a way to track my heart rate through activities like work, rest, and exercise. I'd like to be able to get a list, graph, something without having to constantly check and record my BPM. I have -

iPhone 4s
iPad 2
Jawbone UP
Timex Personal Trainer Heart Rate Monitor
Tons of miscellaneous tech stuff (I work in a large IT shop)

Is there any way to link any of this stuff together? What would be the most cost-effective to get this data together so I can share with my physician?

Thank you sincerely for any suggestions.

Josh

badmoon7575

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I've been researching the same ideas. Unfortunately, the chest strap and watch monitor combo I have are lower-end models that don't have bluetooth and I don't see any way to get the data recorded -

Amazon.com: Timex Mid-Size T5G971 Personal Trainer Heart Rate Monitor Watch: Timex: Sports & Outdoors

I also looked at iPhone and iPad apps that use a finger or face reading but I fear that with the bustle of work and life I won't get frequent enough measurements to present the trends I'm looking for. I'd really like to be able to go to my physician and show how my hour-to-hour factors affect my results (if I have to do one more stress test, I'm going nuts). He agrees that a heart-rate of 220 BPM after 8.5 minutes on the hospital incline isn't right, but why?

So if my Timex monitor and Jawbone UP are out, can anyone suggest the most reasonably priced add-on to get me there? My physician is amazing, but he's still just a person trying to help and it's ultimately up to me to get him the right info to do his job.

Thanks and thanks again for the suggestions!

Josh

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77