jtfish, really sorry for your loss. I had the same thing happen to me not too long ago and I got really depressed. Glad you're staying positive.
    02-29-2012 01:08 PM
    Insanity core cardio and balance under way in T minus 5 mins.

May the Force be with you.
    02-29-2012 01:34 PM
    Looks like I'll be shoveling some snow in a bit too.
    02-29-2012 02:08 PM
    1.3 mile run!
    02-29-2012 03:03 PM
    I got sick last monday with a bad cold/fever so I've had to sit the past week out. Going get back into it this week and hit it extra hard. More two-a-days. More chicken/turkey. And more being exhausted. Good times are sure to be had.
    two two-a-days down, two more to go. Today should be a rest day but I'm feeling too pump to sit it out. It's an awesome 70 degrees here in Dallas. Going for an outdoor run after work.
    02-29-2012 03:37 PM
    The trainer kicked my butt yesterday and I am sore. We worked the legs and back and I can feel them now.

Today was aquacise and I enjoy that class. Back at it tomorrow.

Still eating and drinking well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-29-2012 03:41 PM
    I need a good workout/upbeat music mix to keep up the tempo. Any recommendations? I can only listen to Party Rock Anthem so many times before I start wanting to stab myself in the face, but I don't yet have anything else in my library that has that kind of energy.
    02-29-2012 05:15 PM
    Well I finished the month out strong. I ran 6 miles today and other than a couple girl scout cookies stuck to my calorie goal for the day. My fitness and weight are moving in the right direction. Looking forward to hear who wins the goods!
    02-29-2012 09:41 PM
    MADE IT!

Well, I made it through fitness month! I reflected on it a bit today (for about, you know, 20 seconds) and decided that I probably would have done most of the stuff anyways, except for the cardio. Prior to this month, I hadn't every really set goals for my cardio performance or improvement, and It has improved immensely.

My big question is whether or not I'll be able to keep it up. I can do almost anything for 3 or 4 weeks, but making it long term is more difficult. Any ideas?

Well, good job all! Keep setting goals and working hard!
    03-01-2012 12:42 AM
    February is at its end....

This has been a difficult but rewarding month for me...

I have begun to eat healthier consistently. I have substantially decreased my caffeine intake and also increased my daily intake of water.

I am now exercising 3-5 times a week. I have gradually increased my exercise weekly over the past month.

I have been using the MyFitnessPal app to track my dieting and exercise. This app proved most useful to initially guide me in understanding and implementing portion control and developing a working understanding of the calories in the food I regularly consume. It also helped forge new habits of healthier eating and regular exercise

Another app that I have referenced somewhat regularly during the past month is intelli-Diet. It created a plan of balanced meals that I was able to follow. It has a "kitchen" feature that allows you to tell it the food products you have on hand (the foods you want to work with) and it creates your meals from that pantry.

A third app I have used - one many people may overlook - is the alarm clock app. I have set the alarm clock judiciously for multiple times of the day in order to remind me to exercise and so I remember I am on a diet. In the beginning, it is far too easy to forget you are dieting and order a lasagna, etc.. at lunch. I also placed into my schedule (calendar app) time for exercise, otherwise I may have found it too easy and convenient to do another activity as it came along and completely skip the exercise. This forced me at times to make a conscious choice to reschedule and meet my exercise goals rather than just skipping an exercise period.

Over the past month I have lost 24 lbs. I am very happy with the results, although I feel that I may have been able to do even better if I wasn't sick part of the month.

My goal is to continue on this path. I have a good start, but a long way to go. I have learned to approach dieting and exercise day by day. Hopefully, this becomes a lifestyle change - I still find myself challenged to stay on track and avoid foods that I know are not appropriate at this time.
    03-01-2012 01:05 AM
    Insanity core cardio and balance workout is under way in 10 mins.
    03-01-2012 05:44 AM
    I need a good workout/upbeat music mix to keep up the tempo. Any recommendations? I can only listen to Party Rock Anthem so many times before I start wanting to stab myself in the face, but I don't yet have anything else in my library that has that kind of energy.
    Honestly, I just went through my library and found songs with the right tempo. I'm a cyclist and need something to roughly match my pedaling, so I added a few songs from The Strokes, some Arctic Monkeys and Black Keys, and, of course, "Don't Sweat the Technique."
    03-01-2012 10:14 AM
    status update:

1. did my run/jog
    2. did not go to bed by midnight
    3. did cut back on sugar
    4. did eat more veggies

Trying to get there!
    03-01-2012 01:24 PM
    I did it! Consistant Tuesday and Thursday gym time all four weeks. My office mate and I went to the gym today. We measured his waist and he lost two inches. I wasn't going for weight loss, just improce tone and endurance. I definately feel I achieved that and I was glad to be there for my office mate to help him achieve his goal. We aren't done yet. Mountain biking season is still not here for us yet, but we are getting ready.

Thanks iMore community for helping with the motivation!
    03-01-2012 02:39 PM
    2 mile run!
    03-01-2012 09:27 PM
    Ran 5 miles yesterday! Planning to run 5 more this morning!
    03-02-2012 05:03 AM
    Insanity core cardio and balance workout is under way in 10 mins.
    03-02-2012 05:48 AM
    status update

1. did go for run
    2. did go to bed by midnight
    3. did cut back on sugar
    4. did eat more veggies

HOORAY 4 out of 4 finally
    03-02-2012 12:55 PM
    Didn't get to the gym last night -- dinner w a friend instead -- but I'm still eating (mostly) right and exercising and drinking hardly ever. February was a vast improvement over January, thanks to the challenge. My doctor was happy with me when I saw her the other day and told her I've been doing cardio! (Blood clots run in my family.)
    03-02-2012 02:15 PM
    2.5 mile run today.!!!! Wow!!! feels great.
    03-02-2012 04:08 PM
    I am happy. I did the strength training every morning with one day off for four weeks. Except the couple of days I was sick. Most consistent I have been with exercise in about 5 years...
    03-03-2012 08:28 AM
    2 mile run today!
    03-03-2012 04:15 PM
    This has been a tough week, Monday a family member got into a bad car accident and 1 died, I started eating for comfort again, gained 4 lbs back. I'm trying to get my eating habits back under control but it's hard. I can't change what happened, being overweight and out of shape is just gonna make me feel worse. I gotta break this bad habit.
    03-03-2012 08:12 PM
    went for a long 2 mile run this morning. woke me up! it's cold out there!
    03-04-2012 09:18 AM
    This has been a tough week, Monday a family member got into a bad car accident and 1 died, I started eating for comfort again, gained 4 lbs back. I'm trying to get my eating habits back under control but it's hard. I can't change what happened, being overweight and out of shape is just gonna make me feel worse. I gotta break this bad habit.
    I'm so sorry to hear that, I wish you all the best.
    03-04-2012 09:19 AM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD