Week01day03

ilovebarolo

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Joining the gym!

(Is it ok if I start this? Rene, please delete of it's not - and sorry if I overstepped!)

I am excited because today I am joining the little gym down the road. The thing i like about this place is you get a key and can go in any time you want. My fianc? has been a member forever and I am going to try to hop on as a household member if they let me. I have a Bermuda honeymoon coming up in June, and I want to look decent in photos. Also, I recently turned 40, and it's now or never with the fitness thing. I have about 10 lbs I would like to lose, but if that doesn't happen, I'd at least like to feel better and firm up these arms, legs and butt.

Now, let's keep this iMore, too - should I order an iPod shuffle for the gym? :) I have the iPhone, but that is a little heavy for the treadmill! I know the Nano has some small fitness apps, but I'm saving for the 4s and would rather put the extra $100 toward 4s storage. (However, I could be convinced to get the Nano.)

PS Tried changing thread name, but it wouldn't let me.

Last edited:

MunchkinD13

Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Personally I would go with the Nano. I am dying to get one but....I just want to wear it as a watch. LOL. No work out for me tonight. It's my rest night. Trying to only rest Friday's and Sunday's.

ilovebarolo

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! That's what I was thinking. I'm not sure if I want to have a shuffle again. What kills me is my fiancé just got a new Nano through the replacement program so now he has two newish, identical Nanos, and he wants to keep them both. ;) Well, the poor guy has to use a Droid 2 for work, so I'll let him have his Nanos. Enjoy your night of rest!

From iPhone using Tapatalk

MunchkinD13

Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, I will. Wow two Nanos...that hardly seems fair. But you're right, being stuck with a Driod isn't fair either. I've never owned a smart phone other than iPhone so I don't know what that would be like actually.

Fokas914

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Congrats on joining the gym! That's great! I've been a member at planet fitness for a while now and its pretty decent for the price. I mostly use the elliptical or treadmill. The iPhone can be a bit heavy I can agree on that. do you have one of those arm accessories for the iPhone? I've never used it before and was wondering if people seem to like it. I use my iPhone at the gym all of the time! I like either watching netflix or pandora or my playlist :)

ilovebarolo

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I honestly think it never occurred to the guy I might want his Nano, because I have so many other gadgets! I'm curious about the phone armband, too. Actually, I never thought of watching movies on my iPhone at the gym. Not a bad idea, especially if the gym has wifi. Could also do video podcasts, but I'm not sure the pace would keep me going. :) we have Planet Fitness here in CT, too, and they're known for being low cost.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77