Mobile Nations Fitness month: Week 1 (iPod nano + iPad 3 giveaway!)

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Stuck to my work out routine all week. Even getting out and playing some football tomorrow afternoon. I'm determined to get back in shape.

henrymagnusrex

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Goin great!

Kept it up so far. Good luck to everybody else! Thinking about p90x 2. I've done p90x now a few times. Anybody have some thoughts on how 2 compares to the original?

RobotGrrl

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
After posting a reply about having a goal in cardio, I noticed something interesting. The majority of the other cardio goals are also by people who are already doing cardio. Kind of curious about this. Would adding even more of something you're already doing actually help or hinder (like leading to a burn out)?

So this morning I changed the goal to do strength and flexibility, while still doing the regular cardio. By next Saturday I want to be able to do 18x2 pushups, and be more flexible.

Today was 15&12 pushups as a benchmark :)

(Are the daily updates supposed to be in this thread, or the other threads?)

henrymagnusrex

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Keeping it up.

Finished my "rest" week of p90X tonight. Not really a rest in that the workouts actually take longer than the typical weeks on average, but finished just the same. Looking forward to next week now. Thinking I'd love to get involved in rock climbing and martial arts after looking at ideas from what others have suggested. Things to consider...

henrymagnusrex

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
After posting a reply about having a goal in cardio, I noticed something interesting. The majority of the other cardio goals are also by people who are already doing cardio. Kind of curious about this. Would adding even more of something you're already doing actually help or hinder (like leading to a burn out)?

So this morning I changed the goal to do strength and flexibility, while still doing the regular cardio. By next Saturday I want to be able to do 18x2 pushups, and be more flexible.

Today was 15&12 pushups as a benchmark :)

(Are the daily updates supposed to be in this thread, or the other threads?)
Like so many things in life, there isn't a black and white answer. On the one hand, over-training is a real issue for many people who exercise. There absolutely is a point at which it becomes detrimental to your body to do more exercise because your body needs necessary recovery time to build itself back up again. This is especially important in resistance and weight training because muscle's need time to repair themselves, so working different muscle groups on different days with a good amount of rest is essential. BUT, when it comes to cardio, the fact of the matter is that most people don't approach that threshold as they don't actually push to their maximum in every workout and and they could benefit by pushing harder.

That being said though, without a strong knowledge of exercise science, or a knowledgable personal trainer, it is difficult to find that exact point of maximum efficiency by yourself. So for most, it is extremely beneficial just to get started and work into a routine where you are measuring your progress. After a month or two, you'll begin to really feel when you can go harder.

There is also the mental issue though. If you start out with something too hard, you can definitely burn out easily. In that case, it is a better idea just to get started with something small, measure your progress and work your way up.

Fokas914

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I would love to win an iPad 3 :) I've been already sharing some fitness goals I would love to get back in shape! Winter sucks! Lol

hitzatak

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to get into muay thai and cut down my stomach fat!
Will post details. My starting weight is: 70kgs.
Let's do this!
P.S. I'm already a week in though and been trying my best to go 5 times a week.

Here's day (sorta) one :
img1856r.jpg

Last edited:

Dan@

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to try and cut the Soda's out. and start the Strength training you suggested. I think i can do 10 pushups, situps, and squats. Just have to remember to do them. I've lost 25 pounds since September and have another 20 to go.

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Week One - Saturday!

Well,

I am still on track... I've lost a few lbs, but I prefer not to pay too much attention to that on a day to day basis, but rather that the trend continues.... I plan to track my weight on a weekly basis.

I am taking my dog with me to exercise today! He is in great shape, but always enjoys a long walk. He is the one on the right (his brother is on the left)...

6817336411_f637e2b4a1.jpg

and he likes the snow too!

6817337947_749d0eaba4.jpg

Last edited:

thekrayze

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
this has been my goal for this year. just to eat right, exercise, etc. daily, i walk the dog for a full mile. i plan to switch it up for a total of 2 miles. i want to also trade off with walking and jogging the dog.
I have also just recently completed a 3 week cardio training. I am using EA Active 2 and Kinect to exercise in the basement. (i just can not get to a gym to do this) what is more fun than playing games and working out, doing them at the same time.
next set is to jump it up to a 9 week program in EA Active 2
(for those curious, i do a combo of lunges, stretches, resistance band motions, walking/running/job during this workout. on average, 20 - 30 mins a work out and 4 nights a week. Sun, Mon, Tues, Thurs)

ilovebarolo

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Joined gym, 30 minutes on the dreadmill, 200 calories burned. It was my first day back, so I took it easy, but I feel virtuous.

From iPhone using Tapatalk

babyjsmom

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Made it to day with with no sodas or fast food. Finished a wall and workout today. I feel good and sore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kitty Cat

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Stating

I'm starting with Cardio training. I actually started today. I rode my bike for a half hour. I exercised my dog for an hour (wich included running).

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
My legs are too sore to do anything else today. I spent 10 hours walking around carrying a backpack full of gear at a large event. I am scheduled to do the same thing for 10 more hours tomorrow. The upside is that I probably burned a ton of calories, and it was an awesome day for short sleeves!

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
My goal is drink lots more water. Also increase my strength training for my upper body. I already do cardio and overall strength training 4-5 times a week. I would love to build up my upper body, make it as strong or stronger than my lower body.

gthugballin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
So today i did

Strength training: 2 sets
20 push ups
30 situpts
20 squats

Cardio (walking to from and at work)
15 mins there and back Also i work at starbucks so i run around a lot lol.

Nutrition:
I drink sugar free green tea, water, and matcha (which is full of antioxidants) :D

Hope everyone else is doing good... can't wait for round 2 tomorrow !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73