Mobile Nations Fitness month: Week 1 (iPod nano + iPad 3 giveaway!)

shystechris

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I started cutting out the diet soda again this past week, so I'll continue to get back to water, as well as start hitting the treadmill again.

HI-FIVE

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
We, me and my wife, are training ourself with EA sport active on our PS3
we did complete a 9 weeks program before christmas and we are now at week 4 of our second 9 weeks fitness training. keep it up! :)

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, here we go....

I thought about this for a day before making the commitment to do it... I know that I could use the diet and exercise more than most out there, but doing it and sticking with it is very difficult (especially remembering that I am dieting). Too often I am out to dinner and order great food and enjoy all of it.... but with little exercise, the pounds have accumulated over the years. At the club they know exactly how I like my porterhouse... they don't need to ask.

My ultimate goal is a lofty one (for me) but hopefully a goal I can attain. I have been overweight since puberty and my mass has steadily increased over the past 35 years. My ultimate goal is to create a lifestyle change so that with time I will return to a healthy weight and perhaps improve my longevity and quality of life.

I am starting with myfitnesspal as the hub of my diet and exercise program and augmenting it with intelli-Diet for managing some meals. Cocktail Flow will be off limits for at least the next month. My goal this week is to start and remain on a diet and exercise program. I have set reminders on my phone for multiple times during the day and evening to remind me that I am on a diet - because it is much too easy to forget and have a few girl scout cookies or order lunch without thinking (recalling) I am on a diet.

Well... that's all for now...

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Day 2 - a headache has left me with little motivation; however, I drug myself to the gym and rode 4.3 miles on the exercise bike and did a 400m sprint.

Insanity on deck for tomorrow.

sawinter

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Although I should probably be doing all of these things, I am going to start week one with Strength Conditioning. I think a couple of sets of 15-20 pushups/ situps could really do some good. I guess it's never too early to start to get in shape for beach season. Thanks iMore team!

mxlogic

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
This is what I had for lunch.

yummy.jpg

Bluecanary

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Strength training!
Tennis is coming up, and I seriously haven't exercised in 6-7 months. This laziness of mine has to go away and I need to get back into shape, hopefully an iPad 3 can motivate me enough. :D. I'm really excited.

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I saw this challenge and started out yesterday. I actually registered here after a year of listening to tipb podcasts just to participate in fitness month!

My goal this week (started yesterday):
As prescribed, do 2 sets of 10 pushups, 10 sit ups, and 10 squats every morning right when you get up.
As prescribed, do 15 min. of cardio, 3 times during the week.
As for nutrition, I am starting with cutting out any drink that has carbonation.

1 day in and going strong!

mxlogic

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Continuing with my healthy diet, this is what I'm having for dinner. For those that are wondering what kind of diet I am following, it's South Beach and I'm finishing up the first out of two weeks for phase 1 where no carbs are allowed. By the way, the meal is for two people.

img_0306.jpg

mgorman85

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Goals 1 and 3

I've cut out soda completely, and I'm doing a couch to 10K program on my iPhone. So looks like goals 1 and 3 are what I'm doing for week 1 :)

RobotGrrl

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Whaaaaat this is such an awesome contest! :D

Just heard about it now... my goal for this week will be in cardio.

Usually I speed skate w/hockey skates on the rink for about 30 mins/day if the ice is good, but only for short distances. To up the challenge factor on this, I'll do more continuous laps. Let's say every 2nd day will be a 'challenge' day, and other days will just be of lesser intensity.

It would probably be a good idea tomorrow to get some quantitative analysis of how fast 2/4/8/16 laps are now, and make a goal to narrow that time down. I don't think I can do 16 continuous laps at the moment though. Something to work towards!

An iPad 3 at stakes? IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG! :D

*SCHHHHR* flickr.com/photos/robotgrrl/6767427521

Last edited:

cjhpe

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Nor sure if it is required but using it as a way to keep myself doing this. I did the strength training this morning and I am watching my portions and trying to make smarter choices. Good luck to all but I am one day strong....

mxlogic

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Nor sure if it is required but using it as a way to keep myself doing this. I did the strength training this morning and I am watching my portions and trying to make smarter choices. Good luck to all but I am one day strong....

Check out Sparkpeople where it'll tell you what the ideal calorie intake you should consume and it also breaks down fat, protein, and carbs.

TechPilot13

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Being 20 years old and having a heart problem, my goal is to perform more cardio activities. My friend is letting me borrow his bicycle and I have cycled over 40 miles in the past week. I also have stopped eating fast food and drinking soft drinks. Every day I try to do push-ups, sit-ups, leg raises, or occasionally pull-ups in the showers in my resident hall at College.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal