It's high time I started my raw food diet. My goal is to eat just raw foods at least 4 times a week for the next few months.
    02-03-2012 10:22 AM
    Does playing on a wii count? lol
    I think it does. Playing Wii Sports and doing the fit test can make your heart pump, just as long as you have an increased intensity playing it. Also, my kids just got Just dance 3 and that works pretty good too. I do a couple of songs with the family before the gym as a good warm-up.
    02-03-2012 10:32 AM
    This is perfect for me! I started on 1/30/12 deciding to cut out soda as much as possible, hopefully completely. I have a VERY stressful job and was experiencing crazy headaches. So I need to do this simply to feel better and make myself healthier!

I made day 1-3 great, noone understood why this was such a big deal for me...well I DO NOT drink tea or coffee to soda is my caffeine all the way around. So only water or juice for me! Day 4 I had a one glass mistep! I stopped for dinner and accidently ordered soda not thinking...but after almost 6 hours in the car it was needed! So I drank that one cup and that was it! No refill!

Glad to be joining people who understand soda being cut out is hard!
    02-03-2012 10:59 AM
    Day 2 went well....

I am on track, followed my diet plan and did 45 minutes of exercise (walking). Today is going fine too, except for a killer headache - I think from no soda/caffeine. Last night I played poker with friends and it was difficult to pass on all the sweets and other food that was available at the game.

I am planning on a bit more exercise tonight - perhaps an hour.
    02-03-2012 11:34 AM
    So far so good for the first week. I have still not eaten any fast food or drinken any soda. I have also increased the sets up to 3 sets of 10 pushups and situps in the morning. Off to a good a great start...
    BTW - 1.5 lbs. lost
    ilovebarolo likes this.
    02-03-2012 11:41 AM
    Made it through the first day. No sugar drinks or fast food and I did 1.5hrs of exercise. I hope I can keep motivated. I don't hurt too bad so we will see how today's workout goes.
    02-03-2012 12:18 PM
    keep forgetting to do the strength training when I wake up but I am doing it at work. Gotten some comments, but staying strong lol
    02-03-2012 01:41 PM
    Stop eating fast food/junk food for a week.
    02-03-2012 01:43 PM
    Still no meat!
    02-03-2012 03:18 PM
    I finished my goal for this week of running 15 miles. I ran 5/13 miles on Monday and Wednesday, and this morning I ran an additional 5 miles.
    02-03-2012 04:55 PM
    Four miles of walking/jogging the 1st and 2nd days. I think my time improved yesterday but messed up my timer start so not completely sure. Nothing for today. Its my break day. Plus running a 5K for the Make-A-Wish Foundation tomorrow so need the rest. I use the work 'running' loosly. Haha...more like walking 2.5K and running 2.5K. But hey this is my first 5K. A girls gotta start somewhere.
    02-03-2012 05:00 PM
    3 days in and going strong! I love reading about everyone else's success. Great motivation.

-First day, I played an hour of racquetball. That was a lot of fun, I've never played that before.
    -Second day, I went to a rock climbing gym and spent two hours climbing. I didn't realize what a great workout that could be!

I just got home from work today... I think I'll either go for a run or try to find someone to play racquetball with again.

Keep it up fellow iFitnessers!

Edit: went with 1.5 hours of racquetball. I never knew what I was missing out on. Great fun and workout.
    Last edited by astralisdustin; 02-03-2012 at 10:57 PM.
    02-03-2012 07:12 PM
    i just got the p90x set so im gonna try that out should be pretty intence
    02-03-2012 07:30 PM
    Why is P90X not a choice?!

Funny you should mention that.. i just got P90X and am about to start ! lol just need to get some weights and other equipment. Until then i shall be doing the cardio, no junk, and weight training !. Wish me luck.
    02-03-2012 08:03 PM
    another 5 today. 25 miles so far this week.
    02-03-2012 08:30 PM
    Stuck to my work out routine all week. Even getting out and playing some football tomorrow afternoon. I'm determined to get back in shape.
    02-03-2012 08:50 PM
    Kept it up so far. Good luck to everybody else! Thinking about p90x 2. I've done p90x now a few times. Anybody have some thoughts on how 2 compares to the original?
    02-03-2012 09:56 PM
    My first step is cutting out fast food, especially for breakfast. Biscuits are my downfall...
    02-03-2012 11:28 PM
    After posting a reply about having a goal in cardio, I noticed something interesting. The majority of the other cardio goals are also by people who are already doing cardio. Kind of curious about this. Would adding even more of something you're already doing actually help or hinder (like leading to a burn out)?

So this morning I changed the goal to do strength and flexibility, while still doing the regular cardio. By next Saturday I want to be able to do 18x2 pushups, and be more flexible.

Today was 15&12 pushups as a benchmark

(Are the daily updates supposed to be in this thread, or the other threads?)
    02-04-2012 12:22 AM
    Finished my "rest" week of p90X tonight. Not really a rest in that the workouts actually take longer than the typical weeks on average, but finished just the same. Looking forward to next week now. Thinking I'd love to get involved in rock climbing and martial arts after looking at ideas from what others have suggested. Things to consider...
    02-04-2012 02:34 AM
    After posting a reply about having a goal in cardio, I noticed something interesting. The majority of the other cardio goals are also by people who are already doing cardio. Kind of curious about this. Would adding even more of something you're already doing actually help or hinder (like leading to a burn out)?

So this morning I changed the goal to do strength and flexibility, while still doing the regular cardio. By next Saturday I want to be able to do 18x2 pushups, and be more flexible.

Today was 15&12 pushups as a benchmark

(Are the daily updates supposed to be in this thread, or the other threads?)
    Like so many things in life, there isn't a black and white answer. On the one hand, over-training is a real issue for many people who exercise. There absolutely is a point at which it becomes detrimental to your body to do more exercise because your body needs necessary recovery time to build itself back up again. This is especially important in resistance and weight training because muscle's need time to repair themselves, so working different muscle groups on different days with a good amount of rest is essential. BUT, when it comes to cardio, the fact of the matter is that most people don't approach that threshold as they don't actually push to their maximum in every workout and and they could benefit by pushing harder.

That being said though, without a strong knowledge of exercise science, or a knowledgable personal trainer, it is difficult to find that exact point of maximum efficiency by yourself. So for most, it is extremely beneficial just to get started and work into a routine where you are measuring your progress. After a month or two, you'll begin to really feel when you can go harder.

There is also the mental issue though. If you start out with something too hard, you can definitely burn out easily. In that case, it is a better idea just to get started with something small, measure your progress and work your way up.
    02-04-2012 02:44 AM
    I would love to win an iPad 3 I've been already sharing some fitness goals I would love to get back in shape! Winter sucks! Lol
    02-04-2012 03:54 AM
    I'm going to get into muay thai and cut down my stomach fat!
    Will post details. My starting weight is: 70kgs.
    Let's do this!
    P.S. I'm already a week in though and been trying my best to go 5 times a week.

Here's day (sorta) one :
    Last edited by hitzatak; 02-04-2012 at 05:05 AM.
    02-04-2012 04:52 AM
    I'm going to try and cut the Soda's out. and start the Strength training you suggested. I think i can do 10 pushups, situps, and squats. Just have to remember to do them. I've lost 25 pounds since September and have another 20 to go.
    02-04-2012 06:10 AM
    Well,

I am still on track... I've lost a few lbs, but I prefer not to pay too much attention to that on a day to day basis, but rather that the trend continues.... I plan to track my weight on a weekly basis.

I am taking my dog with me to exercise today! He is in great shape, but always enjoys a long walk. He is the one on the right (his brother is on the left)...

and he likes the snow too!

Last edited by copernicus0001; 02-04-2012 at 11:18 AM.
    ilovebarolo likes this.
    02-04-2012 11:07 AM
309 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD