I know it's hard, but I'm going to try to cut e Diet Coke. Yeah, it's diet, so it should be good for you, right? Not exactly. I guess me and my big jug of water are going to become really good friends for a while.
    02-01-2012 11:38 AM
    Well I have been really wanting to try and start something over the last month and haven't. I need some sort of external motivation and I know that about myself. So seeing this and with the carrot of a free gift of any sort maybe this is what I need. So I will start with the Strength training. The should be possible for me if I can make myself get out of bed when the alarm clocks goes off and not hit snooze...so I guess that is really 2 goals. Thanks for doing this maybe with this challenge and having to report back I can make the needed change to get healthier...
    02-01-2012 11:47 AM
    My Goal this week is Nutrition for one. Being as I tend to sleep in, I never pack a lunch with me so I tend to go get fast food a lot, that is going to stop this week.
    Also, I am an avid Mt. Dew drinker and that is going to stop. My goal is to instead of drinking Mt. Dew, to drink at least 64oz of water every day.

Also, I am going to do the strength training that has been mentioned. I have been doing one set of 10 pushup and 10 crunches in the morning and starting today I uped the ante to 2 sets of 10 and I will continue to do that.
    02-01-2012 11:51 AM
    I think I'll be working on the sugary drinks and eating healthier. I'm bad for grabbing a Coke at work during the evenings to stay awake, but I know I could do without it. I'll give it a try this week and let you know how it goes.
    02-01-2012 12:10 PM
    I am going to try to stop on sugar. Both candy and soda
    02-01-2012 12:16 PM
    My goal this week is Cardio training 30 mins. and I am giving up sweets.
    02-01-2012 12:18 PM
    I'm just going to continue my fitness level but go up in higher weights. Running 2.5 miles 7 days a week and I do push ups and sit ups everyday do more depending on the day. Also I do different weight training everyday. In the end it definitely pays off
    02-01-2012 12:22 PM
    I started the EA Sports Active 2, 9 week program 3 weeks ago, and recording my progress on the TargetWeight app. Just started phase 2 - four sessions a week for approx 45mins, getting harder each time. I'm giving it 110%, and have lost just over 6Kg so far
    02-01-2012 12:32 PM
    My goal is to try to get to the gym more often. I'm already behind this week because I was sick to start the week. I have already cut back on the Mt Dew and Pepsi and am eating salads for lunch. Another goal is trying to drink more water and I have the fitbit and the app on my iPhone but I always forget to log the water I drink.
    02-01-2012 12:41 PM
    I'm going to go with the no sugary drinks! I would do the wake up workout option but I just had some moles excised and I don't want to tear my sutures :-(
    02-01-2012 12:53 PM
    I'm going to choose a few goals. I just did a fast so I think I can keep it going so I'll do the Nutrition one. I'm also getting back to my home training so I'll do the strength training (which I can say I started yesterday, using 100 pushups and 100 situps apps.). Finally, I really need to get this tire down so I'll also add the Cardio challenge!

So all 3 on "Hard" difficulty! Go Hard or Go Home!
    02-01-2012 12:57 PM
    Nutrition - no soda or sugary drinks for a week.
    02-01-2012 12:58 PM
    im on the the 4hr body Program for 3 weeks so the no sugary drinks goal is on.. and i just started working out every morning for 45 minutes so the cardio and strength goals r good..
    Starting Weight 219 down to 208.. trying to get to 190 buy the end of the month..
    Last edited by nano2909; 02-01-2012 at 01:05 PM.
    02-01-2012 01:00 PM
    This is so wonderful! Its a little odd starting on a Wednesday, but I can dig it!

I am going to try the Cardio Training for 15 minutes, 3 times per week. I know its not much, but I need to get off my butt and quit making excuses (oh im too tired, too much homework, etc.).

02-01-2012 01:25 PM
    I'm going to do the Cardio training, I have a desk job and really need to start moving more.

02-01-2012 01:28 PM
    Fitness goals for February

Continue to weight train 4-5 times per week and maintain a well balanced non-preservative diet.
    Introduce the dreaded abdominal and core training workouts
    Begin running
    nano2909 likes this.
    02-01-2012 01:38 PM
    I've lost about 25 pounds in the last year, but need to get back on track with losing the remaining twenty. I'll be doing a combination of cadio and strength and adjusting my eating to put me back on the losing track.
    02-01-2012 01:45 PM
    Before i read this post, i had made the decision to give up soda. I'm replacing it with Matcha Green Tea and water.
    02-01-2012 01:47 PM
    Fitness Goal: Lose 10 more pounds. Already lost 25!

1. Got to get reenergized by workout routine. I just switched gyms to one with Wi-Fi (imagine a gym without Wi-Fi these days - Full of Old People!). Gonna start going again after work m-th starting tonight.

2. Cutting out beer and sticking with red wine - goodbye Belhaven ;-(

3. Gonna stop staying up reading until 1 am - just as soon as I finish Steve Jobs' bio!

Philip
    02-01-2012 01:47 PM
    I am going with the nutrition goal for this week.
    I am cutting out all processed sodas and junk food. I will drink some all natural ginger brew though. Love that stuff.
    02-01-2012 01:49 PM
    I am good for Cardio, doc says that is what I should be doing anyways
    02-01-2012 01:54 PM
    I'll be going for the strength training. Been wanting to work out more and more but procrastination is a bizotch. What better motivation than an iPad 3? (and the other stuff, kinda)

FYI People giving up pop - try La Croix if it is available near you. Great all natural flavored sparkling water that comes in multiple flavors, no sugar, preservatives or anything.
    02-01-2012 02:08 PM
    I have been trying (and failing) to get back on some proper nutrition, so maybe this contest will give me the motivation I need.

So I am going with Goal #1. My goal is to limit my caloric intake to somewhere around 1750. No more soda. No more junk food.

Of course, I am already behind, as I have had both today. But we will consider today my cheat day and go from now on.

Looking forward to seeing some of the other nutrition goals! Good luck everyone!
    02-01-2012 02:36 PM
    My goal is to start lifting weights again. Being a naturally skinny guy, bigger is the only place
    I can go. I have the weights in my garage so all I have to do is find the motivation. Perhaps this contest is it.
    3 workouts a week to start. Starting tonight.
    02-01-2012 02:38 PM
    Cardio 3 x a week for 60 min
    02-01-2012 02:41 PM
309 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD