How to unsubscribe from an App on your device

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Because I was multi-tasking, and not paying attention, I managed to subscribe to a weather-related app last month, I had to figure out how to unsubscribe from the app. There is nothing wrong with the App, I just didn't want to pay a monthly subscription fee when I already have several free weather apps on my iPhone. So I put a reminder on my calendar, which popped up yesterday- it was time to figure out how to do this.

Unsubscribing from an app is not as easy as simply deleting the App. I found information on Apple's support site, and the steps are quite easy. So if you find yourself needing to unsubscribe from an unwanted App, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Last edited:

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Annie, for that post & link. I too have had to go that route with regard to a 'Weather App' which for me had outlived it's useful purpose. It's easy but not intuitive, so that is exactly the type of guidance needed from this Forum for many in similar situations.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
will that make it where you won’t physically see them anymore. I know how to cancel the app subscription I just don’t want to see it anymore. Is there a way to do that

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
If it's a paid subscription, also consider the 'subscriptions' section from your Apple ID information ( Settings, tap your name / picture) as deleting an app will not cancel auto-renew & charges). Not a bad idea to review this page occasionally if you go 'ad-free' ( paid subscription) with any apps.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
If it's a paid subscription, also consider the 'subscriptions' section from your Apple ID information ( Settings, tap your name / picture) as deleting an app will not cancel auto-renew & charges). Not a bad idea to review this page occasionally if you go 'ad-free' ( paid subscription) with any apps.

Thanks for reminding me, still no paid subs, so no absent minded slips.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2