[GUIDE] How to setup Manilla-Bill and Account Manager

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I travel a lot for work and while most of my bills are setup for auto-pay, there are a few that I need to keep track of....cough cough Verizon LOL. I use to end up paying my bill at the last minute because I would forget about it. A colleague of mine introduced me to this app because he had the same issue with his cell bill and I'm grateful he did. Manilla has become my go to app.

The first thing you need to do is download the Manilla app from the App Store. You also need to have online accounts setup with your creditors in order for this app to work.

When the app is opened, you have the option to create an account or sign in if you have an existing account.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398907237.041012.jpg

Once your account is created, you can manually add an account or you can choose one of the companies from the list provided.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398907265.070591.jpg

Now that your account is added, Manilla will display each account along with the account balance. To add additional accounts, just click the plus sign in the upper righthand corner of the accounts screen.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398907029.895318.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398908161.727391.jpg

If you click on the account, it will give you details on what your current balance is and how much you paid previously.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398907184.395958.jpg

Within the app there's a place to see reminders and you can also set the app to send push notifications. Manilla will automatically send you email reminders of when your bill is due.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398907424.239207.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398907594.053218.jpg

You also have an option to setup a four digit passcode, so you don't have to enter your email & password every time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398907672.585371.jpg

I really like this app because it's simple to setup and very easy to use. Hopefully, this helps someone get a little more organized!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398907524.515023.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398907524.515023.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 23

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Draft: How to setup Manilla-Bill and Account Manager

Outstanding!....:)

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Draft: How to setup Manilla-Bill and Account Manager

Well written guide Nikki. I can tell you worked hard on it. Thanks! :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
How accurate is the app at updating accounts .. Like say your bank account balance ? Also when you make a payment does it react the same as a bill pay or the same as paying from the collectors site ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Very nice guide Nikki and refreshing from the apps we expect. This is a good 3rd party if it works as you say.:)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
How accurate is the app at updating accounts .. Like say your bank account balance ? Also when you make a payment does it react the same as a bill pay or the same as paying from the collectors site ?

I've been using the app for about a year and haven't had one issue with the accuracy. Right now, you can't make payments from the account but I see this becoming a feature in the near future. In just a year, I've seen definite improvements.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the app for about a year and haven't had one issue with the accuracy. Right now, you can't make payments from the account but I see this becoming a feature in the near future. In just a year, I've seen definite improvements.

So I downloaded and added pretty much all my account still have to add a couple manually but overall very cool app and I think it will come in handy .. I thought it had a way to pay bills also but basically is tracks your accounts has balance and due dates and reminds you of them .. Then you can use the app for that said bill or pay the bill however that may be.
Currently I had bill do dates in my calendar but this is way easier .. Thanks for sharing this little gem .. Btw the other app I tried was mint .. It does not refresh data very quick

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
So I downloaded and added pretty much all my account still have to add a couple manually but overall very cool app and I think it will come in handy .. I thought it had a way to pay bills also but basically is tracks your accounts has balance and due dates and reminds you of them .. Then you can use the app for that said bill or pay the bill however that may be.
Currently I had bill do dates in my calendar but this is way easier .. Thanks for sharing this little gem .. Btw the other app I tried was mint .. It does not refresh data very quick

Glad you like it so far!!!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Glad you like it so far!!!

This is what happens when I like a app and get it all setup :(

Dear Manilla User,

We are announcing today that Manilla will be closing on July 1, 2014. This was a hard decision given that, over the past three years, Manilla has won many awards and has been well supported by its valued user base. However, we were unable to achieve the scale necessary to make the economics of the business viable.

What you need to know:

Existing users will have access to the Manilla service through June 30, 2014.

On July 1, 2014 the Manilla service will cease ongoing operation.

What actions you should take:

We urge you to download any documents you wish to retain and deactivate your Manilla account prior to July 1, 2014.

To deactivate your account, please click here and select "Delete your Manilla account" at the bottom of the page.

Manilla will retain user documents through September 30, 2014. You will be able to retrieve your documents (no other aspect of the service will be operating) from the Manilla website through September 30, 2014. After that date, any remaining documents will be destroyed.

Please refer to our FAQ for more details.

If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at support@manilla.com.

We apologize if we are not able to respond to all emails.

We thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

The Manilla Team

Think this message is in error? Email support@manilla.com to alert a Manilla support representative.

Manilla uses top-level security to protect your accounts and information.

This email was sent to because you signed up for an account at www.manilla.com
This email was sent from an automated system and cannot receive emails.
You can send feedback to Manilla at support@manilla.com.

2014 Manilla, LLC, all rights reserved

Manilla LLC, 300 W. 57th St., New York, NY 10019

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I travel a lot for work and while most of my bills are setup for auto-pay, there are a few that I need to keep track of....cough cough Verizon LOL. I use to end up paying my bill at the last minute because I would forget about it. A colleague of mine introduced me to this app because he had the same issue with his cell bill and I'm grateful he did. Manilla has become my go to app.

The first thing you need to do is download the Manilla app from the App Store. You also need to have online accounts setup with your creditors in order for this app to work.

When the app is opened, you have the option to create an account or sign in if you have an existing account.

View attachment 55332

Once your account is created, you can manually add an account or you can choose one of the companies from the list provided.

View attachment 55333

Now that your account is added, Manilla will display each account along with the account balance. To add additional accounts, just click the plus sign in the upper righthand corner of the accounts screen.

View attachment 55330 View attachment 55340

If you click on the account, it will give you details on what your current balance is and how much you paid previously.

View attachment 55331

Within the app there's a place to see reminders and you can also set the app to send push notifications. Manilla will automatically send you email reminders of when your bill is due.

View attachment 55334 View attachment 55336

You also have an option to setup a four digit passcode, so you don't have to enter your email & password every time.

View attachment 55337

I really like this app because it's simple to setup and very easy to use. Hopefully, this helps someone get a little more organized!!

Nikki did you read the post in the iOS apps and games forum about the post on Manilla although I can't confirm it but thought you might be interested in it since your guide.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
This is what happens when I like a app and get it all setup :(

Dear Manilla User,

We are announcing today that Manilla will be closing on July 1, 2014. This was a hard decision given that, over the past three years, Manilla has won many awards and has been well supported by its valued user base. However, we were unable to achieve the scale necessary to make the economics of the business viable.

What you need to know:

Existing users will have access to the Manilla service through June 30, 2014.

On July 1, 2014 the Manilla service will cease ongoing operation.

What actions you should take:

We urge you to download any documents you wish to retain and deactivate your Manilla account prior to July 1, 2014.

To deactivate your account, please click here and select "Delete your Manilla account" at the bottom of the page.

Manilla will retain user documents through September 30, 2014. You will be able to retrieve your documents (no other aspect of the service will be operating) from the Manilla website through September 30, 2014. After that date, any remaining documents will be destroyed.

Please refer to our FAQ for more details.

If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at support@manilla.com.

We apologize if we are not able to respond to all emails.

We thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

The Manilla Team

Think this message is in error? Email support@manilla.com to alert a Manilla support representative.

Manilla uses top-level security to protect your accounts and information.

This email was sent to because you signed up for an account at www.manilla.com
This email was sent from an automated system and cannot receive emails.
You can send feedback to Manilla at support@manilla.com.

2014 Manilla, LLC, all rights reserved

Manilla LLC, 300 W. 57th St., New York, NY 10019

I just got caught up on my emails & saw this...I'm so sad because this was a great app!!! I was looking in the forums a little while ago & someone suggested Mobilligy. So far it's very similar to Manilla & you can make payments within the app. Plus it's free so it doesn't hurt to try it out.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Nikki did you read the post in the iOS apps and games forum about the post on Manilla although I can't confirm it but thought you might be interested in it since your guide.

I sure did Jag! It's very sad news but I think I may have a replacement already...it's bittersweet

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Interested to know what app you chose to replace it with. I'm looking for one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

I chose Mobiligy. Its been working flawlessly plus you can pay bills directly from the app...I love it!!

BTW...its FREE:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox