[GUIDE] Removing SUPERFICIAL Scratches From The Sides And Back Of Your iPhone 5S

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Removing SUPERFICIAL Scratches From The Sides And Back Of Your iPhone 5S

I have read way too many threads and questions from our members and guests mainly from the ones that use the new 5S iPhone without any case or protection at all.

I have read them all where they just throw the phone in their pockets mainly from men and women who just throw the phone in their purse and now comes the questions about how or why my phone got so scratched up and I don't understand it - What do I do?

First as a person who has always used a case and holster because that is my preferred style of carrying my phone but it is not for me to judge but instead of a guide i am going to write a sure proof tip that will take, Diminish or totally remove these specific type s of scratches I mentioned in the title.

I have been using this technique myself on jewelry like gold chains and my watch band so when we received a query from a guest in our popular 'Ask A Question' thread and the posts following from quite a number of people who actually thought it was a great idea, This is what prompted me to share this simple and inexpensive tip with others.

Having gotten the introduction out of the way, Let's get to the simple and inexpensive tip if it costs you at all depending on the Jeweler - Yes Jeweler or Jewelry Repair.

[TIP]Jewelers use 2 different compounds to bring a high luster to precious metal and certainly you consider the beautiful metal on your 5S precious and want to keep it that way. They use Red Jewelers Rouge and White Jewelers Rouge for the high gloss.

If you walked into a Jeweler in your neighborhood chances they all have someone who repairs and does sizing on rings etc. If you took your scratched phone in and asked them if they would remove the SUPERFICIAL SCRATCHES almost all are happy to do so and most of the time it might take them 5-10 minutes to do it and not even charge you and if they did I would be willing to bet you would not even mind paying so with that that.... Consider this my tip for you in case you ever do incur any of these types or scratches or get a case one or the other. Take care and keep enjoying that new iPhone 5S and most of all - Thank you very much for being a member of iMore and Mobile Nations!![/TIP]

This is the original thread and after reading this and you used this tip and want to share with all the other members how great it worked for you, Please go back and leave a post on your experience so others can gain from you and know how well this works so they can do the same thing.

Does anyone know what is the colour of iPhone 5S sides? (Don't Let The Title Fool You)

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Removing SUPERFICIAL Scratches From The Sides And Back Of Your iPhone 5S

I have read way too many threads and questions from our members and guests mainly from the ones that use the new 5S iPhone without any case or protection at all.

I have read them all where they just throw the phone in their pockets mainly from men and women who just throw the phone in their purse and now comes the questions about how or why my phone got so scratched up and I don't understand it - What do I do?

First as a person who has always used a case and holster because that is my preferred style of carrying my phone but it is not for me to judge but instead of a guide i am going to write a sure proof tip that will take, Diminish or totally remove these specific type s of scratches I mentioned in the title.

I have been using this technique myself on jewelry like gold chains and my watch band so when we received a query from a guest in our popular 'Ask A Question' thread and the posts following from quite a number of people who actually thought it was a great idea, This is what prompted me to share this simple and inexpensive tip with others.

Having gotten the introduction out of the way, Let's get to the simple and inexpensive tip if it costs you at all depending on the Jeweler - Yes Jeweler or Jewelry Repair.

[TIP]Jewelers use 2 different compounds to bring a high luster to precious metal and certainly you consider the beautiful metal on your 5S precious and want to keep it that way. They use Red Jewelers Rouge and White Jewelers Rouge for the high gloss.

If you walked into a Jeweler in your neighborhood chances they all have someone who repairs and does sizing on rings etc. If you took your scratched phone in and asked them if they would remove the SUPERFICIAL SCRATCHES almost all are happy to do so and most of the time it might take them 5-10 minutes to do it and not even charge you and if they did I would be willing to bet you would not even mind paying so with that that.... Consider this my tip for you in case you ever do incur any of these types or scratches or get a case one or the other. Take care and keep enjoying that new iPhone 5S and most of all - Thank you very much for being a member of iMore and Mobile Nations!![/TIP]

This is the original thread and after reading this and you used this tip and want to share with all the other members how great it worked for you, Please go back and leave a post on your experience so others can gain from you and know how well this works so they can do the same thing.

Does anyone know what is the colour of iPhone 5S sides? (Don't Let The Title Fool You)

I'm sorry, I'm trying to make this wonderful tip readable in Tapatalk.
It's all black so the dark theme makes it impossible. Thank you so much!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, I'm trying to make this wonderful tip readable in Tapatalk.
It's all black so the dark theme makes it impossible. Thank you so much!

Impossible is debatable...;)...A little difficult to see? yeah, but a lighter Tapatalk them will clear that up...:)

johnboysupergolf

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I used to use jewellers rougue for removing scratches on toughened glass- it should have no problem with an iPhone. Only problem is that it's very messy and the fine powder seems to get everywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I used to use jewellers rougue for removing scratches on toughened glass- it should have no problem with an iPhone. Only problem is that it's very messy and the fine powder seems to get everywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Yes I agree but would you also agree a small price to pay meaning a fine powder that comes off with soap and water if you do it and if a Jeweler does it, You have no worries and your scratches are gone! Thank you though for participating.