[GUIDE] How to use the iMore Forums app

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
If you're like me and away from your desktop or laptop when you're working all day and want to check in with the forums, that's not a problem with the iMore Forums app. In fact, I prefer using the iMore Forums app even when I'm at home with my laptop. With the current app, you can post to the forums, start a new thread, search, check notifications, check settings, send or receive messages and upload photos.

I find the current app very useful. Rumor has it that the forums app will be updated soon, and might become part of iMore app. I'm in favor of combining the two apps. I like the idea of having one app that would include blogs, reviews, how-to's, podcasts, the iMore store with the current iMore forums app.

Now, let's take a look at the app as I have it configured. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1385911279.623235.jpg

When I open the app, this is the first screen I see. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1385911311.298448.jpg

Across the bottom of the screen, I have notifications, latest, forum, messages and more. In notifications, I receive replies to my subscribed posts. (I also have iMore forums alerts set to show in my notification center)
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1385911381.225614.jpg

I can tap on "latest" to see the latest posts, which are searchable by unread threads, participated, in any threads which I have posted a reply or to all threads.

I can also see the forums by category and by name. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1385911421.177521.jpg

Next, I have messages. I can check my sent and received messages here. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1385911452.276589.jpg

Finally, I can tap on more. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1385911591.092472.jpg
I can see my favorite threads. These are my subscribed threads/posts, search, people and settings.

If you tap "edit" in the upper right corner it will take you to a screen where you can configure how your screen will look. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1385911662.388673.jpg

Well that's a quick rundown of the iMore Forums app as it stands now. I've heard that a new version is in the works and should be released in the near future. I'll update this guide when it's released. Have fun posting with the iMore Forums App!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Many questions always asked and for sure this was needed. Thank you Keith and a well done simple and easy to follow setup.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Great review I also use it for 80% of my Forum needs I'm sure there gonna do an outstanding job on the update things seem hush hush that's always good in my eyes sounds like where all in for a treat

Sent from my iPhone 5 soon to be 5s Gold 64GB