At which number are close to having no service? How high does it get? Thanks.
    I’ve seen it over -110dbm, at which point, I had virtually no service.
    david9962000 likes this.
    06-18-2014 01:03 PM
    Found this chart.

Cell Phone Reception Explained: What The Bars Mean - Tested
    Last edited by david9962000; 06-19-2014 at 12:05 PM.
    06-19-2014 11:52 AM
    Ive seen it over -110dbm, at which point, I had virtually no service.
    Hi HankAZ I've been at -113 before and still been able to have service. Kinda makes you a bit nervous tho haha!! I think one of my tutorial screen shots show it at that reading. I think the best reading I gave had so far has been -59.
    06-20-2014 01:02 AM
    Thanks!
    I am a new Iphone owner and wondered why with my new phone (same provider) signal strenght is not great compared to my previous phone.
    Normally i could use the Dutch network about 7 km into Germany, where with my 5c I even sometimes loose connection in my own house, depends ob the room I am in.
    I live about 1.5 km from the German border ;-)

Currently it shows -98 as strongest signal indoors :-(
    06-20-2014 07:07 AM
    And to change back: Just re-type the number and hit call, then wait for it to change back. Hit Home-Button and it is back to dots. Dialing from a saved number does not work.
    Elizabeth2 likes this.
    06-20-2014 09:36 AM
    Thanks!
    I am a new Iphone owner and wondered why with my new phone (same provider) signal strenght is not great compared to my previous phone.
    Normally i could use the Dutch network about 7 km into Germany, where with my 5c I even sometimes loose connection in my own house, depends ob the room I am in.
    I live about 1.5 km from the German border ;-)

Currently it shows -98 as strongest signal indoors :-(
    I think -98 will work perfectly for you. There is a building I'm in at times I would be thrilled to have -98 haha but I still have no problem using my iPhone with that reading. Depending on the building construction you may not get a stronger signal than that.
    Congratulations on your new iPhone!
    blueszz likes this.
    06-20-2014 01:07 PM
    I think -98 will work perfectly for you. There is a building I'm in at times I would be thrilled to have -98 haha but I still have no problem using my iPhone with that reading. Depending on the building construction you may not get a stronger signal than that.
    Congratulations on your new iPhone!
    Obviously there are a lot of factors that go into signal strength. How close are you to a tower? How much of a Faraday cage are you sitting in? I am currently sitting in my office, albeit next to a window, but I am currently seeing a -76dbm signal strength on AT&T LTE. As always, YMMV.
    06-20-2014 01:43 PM
    For me not having a good signal a few miles across the border is a pain as I used to have an excellent with my ancient Samsung Galaxy Y. It forces me to use roaming and have to pay international rates for both cell phone and data use.
    When the tower closest to me, 0.3 miles away from my home might fail I automatically get the German networks on my phone, which happens more often now, even indoors.
    According to maps I saw online 3G and 4G coverage should be excellent, even across the border (for a few miles only).
    So I 'locked' my Dutch carrier but every time I cross the border (a ten minute walk) I have to select a German carrier manually because since I have the 5c I loose the signal quickly once I cross the border.
    Never saw a reason for a dual sim, until now.
    06-20-2014 03:57 PM
33 12