[GUIDE] Do You Want To Improve Audio Quality Of Calls On iPhone?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Do You Want To Improve The Audio Quality of Calls On iPhone?

It seems like every time I get a phone call it is when I am in my car or at work or just too much background noise to hear the call as clear as I would like or the person calling me would like to hear so lets look at how we can improve this by simply improving the Audio Quality of the call so the person calling and the recipient of the call can hear and distinguish what each other are saying.

Luckily iOS 7 can improve the call quality for both of you by noise cancellation which seems to only be in iPhone 5S as this is a great feature and although I have 7.0.3 installed on my 4S, I do not have this feature but the rest of you who own a new iPhone 5S are lucky enough to have and be able to utilize this feature.

[NOTE]NOTE: From What I am hearing by asking friends with iPhone 5 and 5S, Everyone with 5S has this and a few with iPhone 5 and then some with a 5 tell me NO so I don't know what is up with that? Anyway even on the iMore blog they say this feature should be available on iPhone 5 and newer.[/NOTE]

In Order to set this feature up after verifying your phone has it this is all you do:

[INFO]

• Launch the Settings App From the home screen of your iPhone
  • Tap into the General Setting
  • Tap on Accessibility
  • Scroll down under the Hearing Section, Enable the phone for Noise Cancellation
[/INFO]

Noise Cancellation.PNG

I would not say that this setting is totally foolproof and it is going to eliminate 100% of the ambient noise around you but it will knock out a great deal of it so that both parties can hear each other much better. Good luck and good talking and listening!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Phone Noise Cancellation is available on the iPhone5.
I am not disputing it, I received 4 screenshots today while doing this guide showing NO noise cancellation on their 5 but since I Know you have one you may have it. I don't know why some do and some don't.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I have noise cancelation on my iPhone 5 which I have enable and keep the left right slider in the middle

Sent from my iPhone 5

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I had forgotten all about this feature, so I just checked my 5C. I still don't have this feature !! I didn't have it on my 4S either.
Are you jailbroken Pink?
This is why I put our own blog disclaimer in the guide where this should be available from IP5 and newer. A few people once again have sent me screenshots or told me they don't have it but I know others that have posted here that are using a 5 and have it. You however if you are JB would be the 3rd and could be why you might not have it. Otherwise the guide is accurate including the disclaimer.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Are you jailbroken Pink?
This is why I put our own blog disclaimer in the guide where this should be available from IP5 and newer. A few people once again have sent me screenshots or told me they don't have it but I know others that have posted here that are using a 5 and have it. You however if you are JB would be the 3rd and could be why you might not have it. Otherwise the guide is accurate including the disclaimer.

Nope not jb'en. I have the 5C on 7.0.2 with Verizon, and per my ss as you can see I don't have that option !

OK I tried posting a screen shot and now I'm getting a message saying I may not have permission to do this action. Something's up with the imore forum app....?

Sent from my 🎀PINK-alicious 5C🎀

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 42039

Ok idk why it won't let me post a as in this thread by uploading through the app, so I went into the iPhone 5 screen thread and went through the motion of posting, but didn't actually post I just copied the attachment link.
Hopefully it worked now

Sent from my 🎀PINK-alicious 5C🎀

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope not jb'en. I have the 5C on 7.0.2 with Verizon, and per my ss as you can see I don't have that option !

OK I tried posting a screen shot and now I'm getting a message saying I may not have permission to do this action. Something's up with the imore forum app....?

Sent from my PINK-alicious 5C

View attachment 42039

Ok idk why it won't let me post a as in this thread by uploading through the app, so I went into the iPhone 5 screen thread and went through the motion of posting, but didn't actually post I just copied the attachment link.
Hopefully it worked now

Sent from my PINK-alicious 5C
It's ok Pink I believe it and even though I researched this the best i could by asking friends with 5s as well as screenshots most had this option and quite a few did not. I did ask you if you were JB or not as it seems about half that were did not have this option and some that were stock still did not have it. My disclaimer I put in came from our own iMore blog that stated to the best they were told or could tell this was for IP5 and newer. I suppose we might just as well say if you have it then this is applicable and you could turn it off if you wish.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
It's ok Pink I believe it and even though I researched this the best i could by asking friends with 5s as well as screenshots most had this option and quite a few did not. I did ask you if you were JB or not as it seems about half that were did not have this option and some that were stock still did not have it. My disclaimer I put in came from our own iMore blog that stated to the best they were told or could tell this was for IP5 and newer. I suppose we might just as well say if you have it then this is applicable and you could turn it off if you wish.
:)Yes, I understand what you mean. What is baffling is the i5 and up "should" have this option. Now, I have a 5C, so I would've thought that I "should" have the option, but i don't. I would've figured this would apply to the i5, 5C and 5S. Maybe the 5C didn't get this option, which is fine with me. But for whatever other reason like you said, some have it and some dont... Oh well !!