[GUIDE] How You Can Review All Images In iMessages Or Text Thread On iPhone O...

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
How You Can View All Images In An iMessage Or Text Thread On iPhone or iPad With iOS 7

For all of us called the major majority, we almost all use our native Messages app for sure whether it is to send other iPhone friends iMessages or others we know that don't have iPhones ( WHAT!) SMS messages. This app has been completely redone for iOS7 and has many useful features that I pull out of every day besides the message itself.
We all like to send pics or attachments to our friends we are messaging, and after some time, you have a long thread going on and would like to go back and see all those images or for that matter, save them to your camera roll. Fortunately, we can now view all these images at once and all together.

This is a very simple way to do this so check it out then go back and save all those images you have been getting from your friends.

You know what to do by now so....

[INFO]

• Launch the Messages App from your iPhone or iPad home screen
  • Now just find the message thread that you want to view all the images from and tap on it to open it. You got that far....LOL
  • Scroll through the thread until you find an Image you have either sent or received.
  • In the lower right hand corner, you will find the Menu Button, and this will bring up a complete list of all those images located in that thread.
[/INFO]

All Images.PNG

[NOTE]A side Reminder: When you tap the view images screen, It is only going to give you the current images in the conversation, If you want to find older images you will have to Tap on the time in the Status Bar at the top of your screen with your Message Thread. Now just Tap on Load Earlier Messages.[/NOTE]

That is really about it and how easy it is to learn new functions that are available to you in iOS7 so good luck and let us know if anything we write up is good or bad. You won't hurt our feelings and only help us!!

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you can save from right there.
You cannot save an image from the entire list. Only from an individual image from the thread itself. When you tap an image and it opens up, That is where you will see the list button bottom right. Peligro is right and id you do swipe an image it just returns you to the single image and the list goes away.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
You cannot save an image from the entire list. Only from an individual image from the thread itself. When you tap an image and it opens up, That is where you will see the list button bottom right. Peligro is right and id you do swipe an image it just returns you to the single image and the list goes away.

Ah, got it. I didn't really look much into it, but I did happen to find the list of the pictures and I had just thought that you could save from there. My bad.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ah, got it. I didn't really look much into it, but I did happen to find the list of the pictures and I had just thought that you could save from there. My bad.
It's ok and no need to apologize. I make mistakes all the time here thinking one thing or another, That is why we learn from each other here.:)

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It's ok and no need to apologize. I make mistakes all the time here thinking one thing or another, That is why we learn from each other here.:)

Exactly! I thoroughly love this forum. So many good people with good knowledge. I guess this doesn't go with the thread, but I'm getting the 5S here in a couple of weeks! I'm pretty excited. Wasn't going to get it, but I think my 5 is about do. Been having some crashing problems, along with battery, and my screen pops. By that I mean if I slightly apply pressure to it, it actually clicks. I am positive that this isn't supposed to happen. Haha

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Exactly! I thoroughly love this forum. So many good people with good knowledge. I guess this doesn't go with the thread, but I'm getting the 5S here in a couple of weeks! I'm pretty excited. Wasn't going to get it, but I think my 5 is about do. Been having some crashing problems, along with battery, and my screen pops. By that I mean if I slightly apply pressure to it, it actually clicks. I am positive that this isn't supposed to happen. Haha
Best of luck to you with the 5S. I came home with mine today from the Apple store after waiting a long time...So far So good

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
One big problem with this: it does not show all images in the thread -- only the images contained within the messages that have been loaded. As you scroll back and load more messages, they become available in the list (incidentally, when I first open the thread, the list button isn't there, because there is only one image in the initial list of messages). I have no idea how many messages and images are in the thread between my wife and myself, but I'd like to clean it up without having to delete the entire conversation. From what I can tell, there is no setting in iOS to limit the number of messages in a thread after which older ones get deleted - is that correct?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
One big problem with this: it does not show all images in the thread -- only the images contained within the messages that have been loaded. As you scroll back and load more messages, they become available in the list (incidentally, when I first open the thread, the list button isn't there, because there is only one image in the initial list of messages). I have no idea how many messages and images are in the thread between my wife and myself, but I'd like to clean it up without having to delete the entire conversation. From what I can tell, there is no setting in iOS to limit the number of messages in a thread after which older ones get deleted - is that correct?
The list button becomes available once you load the image to full size, The you will find it in the location where I mentioned....Bottom right corner. Thank you. :)

I believe as long as you have a single thread going on with that person I have never heard of a time limit going back so far to where they get deleted meaning whatever the thread contains so with that I hope this helps you. :)

Last edited:

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
The list button becomes available once you load the image to full size, The you will find it in the location where I mentioned....Bottom right corner. Thank you. :)

I believe as long as you have a single thread going on with that person I have never heard of a time limit going back so far to where they get deleted meaning whatever the thread contains so with that I hope this helps you. :)

The list button will not appear even after viewing an image full size unless the currently loaded messages in the conversation contain more than one image. Also, as you load additional messages in a long conversation, and if those additional messages contain any images, those will then be added to the list. My point is this: the list will not contain all images on the conversation if there are images in messages not yet loaded. This behavior appears to be the same as it was in IPS 6.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The list button will not appear even after viewing an image full size unless the currently loaded messages in the conversation contain more than one image. Also, as you load additional messages in a long conversation, and if those additional messages contain any images, those will then be added to the list. My point is this: the list will not contain all images on the conversation if there are images in messages not yet loaded. This behavior appears to be the same as it was in IPS 6.
Can I say this with all due respect and I mean this. i appreciate you interests and zealousness in this guide and how it works.

The guide is and was written for one reason only and keeping in mind when written that many people send words and images. This was solely meant to show anyone that this would interest how to pull up ALL the images in one list and nothing else. I understand where you are going but you are making way too much of it. Please take it in the way it was written and what for...Nothing more and nothing less and when I say thank you I truly mean it.:)

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't trying to make a big deal of it, just wanted to make sure the guide was complete. I see now that this additional information is at the end of the guide - I hope it wasn't there all this time, because I would feel awful for posting about it twice.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't trying to make a big deal of it, just wanted to make sure the guide was complete. I see now that this additional information is at the end of the guide - I hope it wasn't there all this time, because I would feel awful for posting about it twice.
Grabber I have not changed the guide since I wrote and posted it on Sunday afternoon or what ever the time stamp is. Read it a bit more careful. I don't mind constructive crtitism when it is warranted but I have not changed one word and everything you see now is totally original.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry then for the unwarranted noise I added. I must have been excited to try it and didn't finish reading. Perhaps a mod can clean up the thread so not to distract future readers.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry then for the unwarranted noise I added. I must have been excited to try it and didn't finish reading. Perhaps a mod can clean up the thread so not to distract future readers.
Grabber it is not needed and anything positive which this is as I read and no negatives from your posts is ok in my book so please keep active and bring out your points. I am not worried about it if you aren't ok with you??