[GUIDE] How To Turn Off Automatic App Updates In iOS 7

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
How To Turn Off Automatic App Updates In iOS 7

Now that you are running iOS 7 on your your iPhone and or iPad there is no reason to manually go through the process of updating your your apps Manually anymore when you have the ability with iOS 7 to update behind the scenes automatically. Some don't like to do it this way though and still like the old fashion way - Manually.

I myself like to do my updates manually to read in iTunes what the app update includes in the way of bug fixes and new features. If this is you here is the way to turn off Automatic updates in iOS 7 so you can control your own updates.

This is the simple way to turn the background updates off:

[INFO]

1. Launch your Setting App from your home screen of your iPhone or iPad
  2. Scroll down to the iTunes and App Store
  3. Where you see the Automatic Downloads section, Turn the option for Updates to off.
[/INFO]

Auto Updates Of Apps.PNG

Once you finish this your apps will no longer update automatically in the background and you will be doing it manually before iOS 7 came out. Simple and easy and it puts you back in control - Not to mention it could help with better battery life since your phone is not looking for or monitoring app updates in the background any longer.

Last edited:

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: DRAFT - Now To Turn Off Automatic App Updates In iOS 7

I also like doing manually, like to see what's in the update. But it's nice knowing it can be changed. Thanks

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: DRAFT - How To Turn Off Automatic App Updates In iOS 7

I do the updates manually. I want to know what's in the update.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I prefer auto updates?but I get a notification in my Notification Center when it happens. Tapping that takes me to the App Store updates page, where I then read about the new features. Best of both worlds!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711