I've come across several posts recently asking how to delete photo albums in iOS 7. Well, I put together this very short tutorial depicting exactly how to do it.

Step 1: Initiate the Photos app.

[GUIDE] How To Delete A Photo Album in IOS 7-img_0172.png

Step 2: Tap on "albums" in the bottom right corner of the screen.

[GUIDE] How To Delete A Photo Album in IOS 7-img_0175.png

Step 3: Tap on "Edit" in the upper right corner of the screen.

[GUIDE] How To Delete A Photo Album in IOS 7-img_0176.png

Step 4: Tap the red circle in front of the album you want to delete.

[GUIDE] How To Delete A Photo Album in IOS 7-img_0177.png

Step 5: Tap on "Delete".

[GUIDE] How To Delete A Photo Album in IOS 7-img_0178.png

Step 6: Confirm that you want to "Delete Album" at the bottom of the screen.

[GUIDE] How To Delete A Photo Album in IOS 7-img_0179.png

Step 7: Select "Done" in the upper right corner of the screen.

That's all there is to it. Thank you for reading.
    pr1nce, taz323, Jaguarr40 and 3 others like this.
    10-29-2013 11:29 AM
    Nicely done
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-29-2013 03:48 PM
    Very well done and as usual simple and easy instruction to understand.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-29-2013 07:14 PM
    Hi - I followed this exactly as you instructed, - but no red dot appears next to the albums ??
    11-10-2013 05:32 PM
    Hi - I followed this exactly as you instructed, - but no red dot appears next to the albums ??
    I have no idea why you aren't seeing what is depicted in the above pics. I just created another test album and the process for deleting it was exactly the same as above.
    11-10-2013 06:48 PM
    Is it an album that's synced from iTunes? If so you need to uncheck it in iTunes next time you sync.

What is the name of the album? Do you remember making it?
    11-11-2013 05:29 AM
    Rather than 'Albums', mine displays as 'Events From my Mac'. When I select edit, no red dot appears, except beside another folder titled '1nr' (what is 1nr?). I'm a tech ***** and to make matters worse, I'm lazy, but I've grown tired of being challenged by my Macbook Pro and this iPhone 5. I've got some time on my hands the next few nights so will be digging around through these threads.
    11-14-2013 01:14 AM
    Not all my albums have check marks. The only albums that have the check mark were those taken by my iPad. I THINK the others were, somehow, transferred from my computer. How do I delete them?
    11-16-2013 12:12 PM
    Hi
    Want to reduce space taken on my I phone by sorting out photos .have IOS 7 .
    Have read advice about deleting albums but from what I can see Camera Roll and Photo Stream do not duplicate all photos .I appear to have photos on Camera Roll that are noton My Photo Stream .
    Do I have to go through them one at a time to move them ? And then delete Camer Roll?
    Help !
    12-03-2013 07:51 AM
    I believe the person is looking to delete the camera roll, which isn't an option.
    Fastest way to delete all photos on iOS7:
    Instead of album view, tap on "photos" on the bottom left. If it says "Collections" or "Years" at the top of your screen, tap through them until it says "Moments". In the top right corner, tap select, and now you can select a group of photos all at once. (These photos include the Photostream!!!)

The old iOS6 had a couple ways of deleting all the photos on your phone at once, but with iOS7, they don't work.

You can still connect your phone to your computer. If you're on Mac, use the program "Image Capture" and you can delete them all without backing them up to your computer, or select "Delete after transfer" if you do back them up.
    On windows - think you can go into my computer or something and delect them all, or again, delete after import. I don't have windows so i'm not really sure.
    Last edited by blahblahbaby; 12-04-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    12-04-2013 12:34 PM
    Hi
    Want to reduce space taken on my I phone by sorting out photos .have IOS 7 .
    Have read advice about deleting albums but from what I can see Camera Roll and Photo Stream do not duplicate all photos .I appear to have photos on Camera Roll that are noton My Photo Stream .
    Do I have to go through them one at a time to move them ? And then delete Camer Roll?
    Help !
    In settings >photos & Camera, make sure the "My photo stream" is on. This uploads new photos when connected to Wi-Fi.

I do not personally know of a way to add them to photostream manually.
    I just posted about how to delete the camera roll. There's no way to delete it all in iOS7 with one tap.
    12-04-2013 12:43 PM
    This is a bogus instruction. In the album view and edit, there is no red indicator to select an album for deleting.

Bill
    01-10-2014 11:56 AM
    This is a bogus instruction. In the album view and edit, there is no red indicator to select an album for deleting.

Bill
    Really?

[GUIDE] How To Delete A Photo Album in IOS 7-photo-jan-10-12-03-42-pm.png

[GUIDE] How To Delete A Photo Album in IOS 7-photo-jan-10-12-03-56-pm.png
    01-10-2014 12:14 PM
    If I manage to delete camera roll photos will it also delete my iPhoto pics? I don't want to delete iPhoto. Thanks
    02-20-2014 03:26 PM
    Bogus? maybe not.

The RED Dot for delete is missing if the album was SYNCHED from iTunes.

I was perplexed this for a bit.

Solution, connect iPhone to iTunes, go the Photos tab, uncheck the checkbox and click Apply button to synch and remove album(s).

Hope that helps. :-)

IMO it sucks that you can't delete a synched album "in the field". It's highly probable one would need to clear some storage in order to shoot more photos or vid.
    02-22-2014 08:30 AM
    Bogus? maybe not.

The RED Dot for delete is missing if the album was SYNCHED from iTunes.

I was perplexed this for a bit.

Solution, connect iPhone to iTunes, go the Photos tab, uncheck the checkbox and click Apply button to synch and remove album(s).

Hope that helps. :-)

IMO it sucks that you can't delete a synched album "in the field". It's highly probable one would need to clear some storage in order to shoot more photos or vid.
    Did you see the information in post #6 of this thread?…
    02-22-2014 10:32 AM
    THANK YOU!!!! my husband accidently added 3000 photos to his phone and I could not figure out how to remove them.. this saved me! Thanks again!
    kataran likes this.
    05-06-2014 10:32 AM
    Thanks D

Well done
    05-06-2014 11:56 AM
    Good information D. Thanks
    05-06-2014 12:05 PM
    Unfortunately my iphone4 does not have the red circle option to delete Albums in Photo App. Any other suggestions, thanks??
    08-29-2014 04:28 AM
    Unfortunately my iphone4 does not have the red circle option to delete Albums in Photo App. Any other suggestions, thanks??
    Some albums can be deleted and some can not. Read this for more info on deleting photo albums.
    http://m.imore.com/cant-delete-photo...ipad-heres-why

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    08-29-2014 07:55 AM
    This is my problem: I've backed up and/or sync my old photo albums from my iPhone 5s, and I deleted them from my list of albums on my phone just like you said.
    However, when I try to upload a picture or a few pictures to Facebook, the list of all my old folders automatically shows. And the new folders I added after I deleted the old ones do not appear.
    Here is an example: Boston and Iceland is an old album no longer showing in my list of folders on my phone. I previously deleted it.
    But when I try to share a photo on Facebook, it always shows the old albums as the only choice, and boston and Iceland is evidently the default in the list. I realized this when several people mentioned and asked me if my grandaughter had gone to Iceland with us.
    Can you help?
    09-01-2014 03:01 PM
    The option to delete the photo album "Program Files" is not an option. I don't know how this got on my phone it's a bunch of crap. Not photos I took with my phone.
    10-05-2014 06:11 PM
    The option to delete the photo album "Program Files" is not an option. I don't know how this got on my phone it's a bunch of crap. Not photos I took with my phone.
    If they came from your computer, then you will need to delete them on the computer. Someone else will need to explain how. I've never done it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    10-05-2014 06:21 PM
    Great Guide!! thanks for sharing
    10-20-2014 06:11 AM
33 12