[GUIDE] How to search for a word on a web page using safari with ios 7

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Here's a quick guide to show you how to search a web page for a word when you're using Safari with iOS 7.

First, go to the address bar and type the word you wish to search for. For example, let's say I'm on ESPN.com, and I want to search the following article for all mentions of Missouri.
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1382391107.383049.jpg
Next, scroll down to the bottom, and you'll see the number of matches found on this page. In this case, there are 4 matches. Tap on "find", and Safari will take you to the first match which is highlighted in yellow.
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1382391165.683727.jpg
To go to the next match, tap the right arrow at the bottom of the page and so forth. To go back, tap the left arrow at the bottom of the page. When you're finished tap done, and that's all there is to it.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for writing this concise and accurate guide, my friend. Thank you...:)

BBGary

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Here's a quick guide to show you how to search a web page for a word when you're using Safari with iOS 7.

First, go to the address bar and type the word you wish to search for. For example, let's say I'm on ESPN.com, and I want to search the following article for all mentions of Missouri.
View attachment 40652
Next, scroll down to the bottom, and you'll see the number of matches found on this page. In this case, there are 4 matches. Tap on "find", and Safari will take you to the first match which is highlighted in yellow.
View attachment 40653
To go to the next match, tap the right arrow at the bottom of the page and so forth. To go back, tap the left arrow at the bottom of the page. When you're finished tap done, and that's all there is to it.

Very useful feature... literally very useful feature. Had to find something on the page, but there is no CTRL+F on iOS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro