[GUIDE] Creating Calendar Events Directly In The Mail & Messages App

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
CREATING CALENDAR EVENTS DIRECTLY FROM YOUR MAIL & MESSAGES APP

​This is going to be a brief guide to teach you how to place a
Calendar Event into your calendar from your Mail and Messages App, and cutting out one step that is not needed, and never having to go into your calendar to set the event!

Many times with these apps, we are telling each other and confirming dates, times & plans we are going to do with them. Have you noticed in iOS 7 that it seems to know this by underlining these dates and times and certain text for it to stand out? This makes it much easier for us, believe it or not, to cut out a step not needed and place those Underlined Dates, Times & Text as I stated - To Stand Out so we can use them to create the event right into our calendar app without ever going into the Calendar.

This is how easy it is...

[TIP]

1. From your Messages or Mail App, find the information that contains this information or your plans
  2. Find the Underlined Text or Infotelling about the dates and times of the Event or place. Simply Tap On It.
  3. In the menu that pops up, just tap on Create Event. You can also tap on Show In Calendar to make sure it is not going to conflict with another date or appointment you already have set up.
  4. The Event Creation screen will now pop up allowing you to finish entering any info you need to in order to finish the event. When you are finished simply tap DONE in the upper right hand corner.
[/TIP]

You have now created an event without ever going into your calendar thus cutting out a step not needed. Quick and easy. I have been using this advice since I read about it and it is so fast and easy, That is why I decided to pass it along to the our forum members that don't do so much Blog reading at iMore. You are missing out on so much!

As I always like to do, When I find a good idea that a Blog write worked hard on passing along, I like to provide the credit to them to make sure everyone knows that it came from iMore and next time you read a Blog Article, Stop and place a comment about the article. They will appreciate it I am sure.

Last edited:

GScottC

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
re: [GUIDE] Creating Calendar Events Directly In The Mail & Messages App

Can the underlining feature in messaging be turned off, I don't use the feature and find it annoying.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Great Tip 👍

I've used it once already

Sent from my iPhone 5

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Can the underlining feature in messaging be turned off, I don't use the feature and find it annoying.
No and that is why when you use a word like TODAY or Sunday or something like that you will see it underlined, That is to make it easy to do something like this making it quicker and easier.