[GUIDE] Create and manage albums synced from a computer to an iOS device

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Creating and managing pictures in albums on your computer then syncing them to your iOS device has a few advantages. You can organize the pictures into albums the way you like. Also you are less likely to lose pictures because they are now in two places instead of just on your device. Once you sync the pictures to the iOS device from the computer, managing the albums and photos inside is done on the computer. So here are the steps to creating, syncing and managing those albums and pictures.

Step
Create a folder where you want to keep the pictures. I keep mine in a folder titled "iPhone" in the Pictures folder on my Mac
1.jpg

Inside the folder, put any images you want to sync with your iOS device. It can also be the pictures currently in your camera roll. In order to do that you must import the pictures from your device to the computer.

Create folders and organize the images how you want.
2.jpg

Connect your device to the sync cable and open iTunes

In the last tab "Photos" select "Sync photos from..."
3.jpg

Click on the option and select "Choose Folder"

In the window that opens, browse to the folder created in Step 1

Once you select the folder, you can also choose "All Folders" or "Selected Folders". Selected Folders will enable you to select only certain folders to sync to the device.

Once you have made the selections, click "Apply" and do a sync.
You can see my folders synced onto my iPhone below
IMG_1040.PNG

Once the images are synced to the device, they must be managed from the computer. Any images to be added or removed, must be added on the computer or removed from the folder on the computer. Then the device must be connected and a sync initiated to make the changes on the device.

To remove the images and folders from the device, but still retain the copy on the computer, connect the device, and in iTunes under the Photos tab, remove the checkmark from "Sync photos from..." and perform a sync.

To switch to a different folder, create the new folder and organize the folders and images inside. In iTunes, under the Photos tab, tap the folder and click "Choose Folder". Browse to the new folder and choose it, then perform a sync. The previous images and albums will be removed and the new images and albums will be synced to your device.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2