[GUIDE] How To Use The iMore Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
[INFO]Prior to the release of the next iPhone, it comes as no surprise that many of you who are considering purchasing an iPhone or other i-device will join or have joined the iMore community seeking advice, information, assistance and answers to questions in regard to Apple products you may be thinking of purchasing or have already purchased. Some of you may want to learn everything from jailbreaking to which color iPhone to choose and you may have no idea where to look for advice or answers in the forums or to even know how to reply to members who attempt to help you. Having said that, I've opted to write a short guide to help you get the most out of the iMore forums.
[/INFO]
[TIP]After you've created your MobileNations account and have signed in to the iMore forums, I recommend that you take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Community Rules and Guidelines to learn what is allowed and is not allowed in the forums.[/TIP] [NOTE]The Community Rules and Guidelines can be found here. If you are a developer, you should also take the time to read through the App and Developer Forum Rules & Guidelines. They can be found here. [/NOTE] [TIP]iMore Ambassadors and Moderators read through tons of forum threads each day and are here to assist you in the best possible way and their titles are clearly visible underneath their username so feel free to say hello to them.[/TIP] [WARN]Be warned that in addition to helping iMore members and visitors, moderators also weed out those of you who aren't conforming to the rules and guidelines mentioned above. [/WARN]

[TIP]I did state that this would be a brief guide so I'll get to the main bullet points.

• Be patient while expecting a response, especially when you're panicking.
  • Understand that you are NOT being ignored.
  • Understand that the iMore community is a community of "volunteers".
  • Use the "search" function, especially when your post has yet to receive a response.
  • Don't re-post or double post. It won't cause a response to come any faster.
  • When replying to a specific person or comment, use the "reply with quote" option.
  • Use the "thanks and "like" feature when appropriate.
  • Subscribe to threads you're most interested in.
  • Understand that not everyone shares your opinion, mannerisms and/or enthusiasm.
  • Be an active participant and give back to the community who may have given help to you at some point.
[/TIP]
  • [WARN]Don't advertise, self-promote or SPAM the forum.[/WARN]

[TIP]Finally, be respectful of the opinions of other members especially when your opinions differ. We all want to be heard and would like others to see things from our perspective, but we’re old enough to understand that opinions, like people, differ on occasions.[/TIP] Take care and thank you for being a part of the iMore community. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice