So what has everyone done now to make Gmail tolerable? Does the paid business gmail work well and is it worth the money? Did you switch email providers? I was 110% satisfied with my iphone until we couldn't use exchange! I don't know how switching email would go. I have tons of folders I would have to bring to new email! I wonder if google will ever play nice again with apple and make it better? The gmail app stinks! I know switching to an android phone will make my email problems go away but I think I would miss too many things from ios. Let me know your thoughts everyone!
    05-01-2014 09:37 AM
    Can you expand on why you think it stinks? I for one cannot log-off I have to remove the account each time and I don't like that.
    05-01-2014 09:47 AM
    Basically just losing push. And also it takes forever to load an email at times. Today's technology it should just be better!
    05-01-2014 10:42 AM
    Basically just losing push. And also it takes forever to load an email at times. Today's technology it should just be better!
    Use the gmail app rather than the standard mail app and it will push. As far as the standard mail app not supporting push with gmail accounts, blame Google not Apple for using a non-standard imap implementation.
    05-01-2014 11:00 AM
    Gmail lost Push over a year ago....

Use iCloud..... No issues...
    anon(73368) likes this.
    05-01-2014 11:50 AM
    Just use outlook.com to push your email. You can set up at outlook.com in settings to send from device from an alias and set up your gmail as your alias.

All email from your iPhone @outlook.com email will be sent via outlook but to the sender will say @gmail. Best part you keep push

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-04-2014 11:05 AM
    I changed my contacts and calendar to iCloud and use the Gmail app, it works great! In addition, the app does "push" your mail.
    05-04-2014 02:39 PM
    I haven't had any problems with any of my 4 gmail accounts. They all work great in the stock mail app.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    Dark_Huntress likes this.
    05-04-2014 03:06 PM
    The one issue with the Gmail app is, mime attachments.
    Mail from AOL users sometimes come as a mime attachment.
    The attachment will not open, and sometimes the images that come from AOL will not let you save the image.
    I also learned that you cannot open PDF files within the Gmail app.
    I agree though, blame Google. For obvious reasons Gmail works like it should on Android.
    Just like Google Drive for IOS. there are limitations with that as well.
    Until everyone learns to play nice together, it will never change.
    Push email doesn't concern me, so the stock app works fine for me also.
    Last edited by joemd60; 05-12-2014 at 05:47 AM.
    05-04-2014 07:30 PM