If this has already been noticed, I apologize for repost. I downloaded the ios7 update last night and this morning noticed that my gmail account is no longer set to fetch. Not only that but my contacts are available in my gmail account not just through exchange. Did I not notice this change before, or is this new with ios7? It's about time!
    09-19-2013 11:37 AM
    My Gmail is set for fetch, and I do not have the push option available to me for it. It's not an issue for me because I use it as a secondary/throw-away account. I also don't have my contacts set to sync to it. iCloud is my default and the contacts for it is used for all of my configured email accounts.
    09-19-2013 12:00 PM
    Nevermind - I had a case of too many apple devices in one household. The device I looked at that had push was still using exchange for gmail, so of course it has push. Our newer devices still show fetch after the ios7 update. Bummer.
    09-19-2013 12:12 PM
    Thank you for updating us. I appreciate it. Take care...
    elistuy likes this.
    09-19-2013 12:15 PM
    No PUSH on Gmail is a real bummer. I think there is a workaround possible through IMAP but if your ActiveSync on your account still works then keep using it. Hopefully Apple will have push on a future update but if this is version 7 of their OS and there still isn't PUSH then don't hold your breath, just download the GMail app.
    09-25-2013 11:41 PM
    No PUSH on Gmail is a real bummer. I think there is a workaround possible through IMAP but if your ActiveSync on your account still works then keep using it. Hopefully Apple will have push on a future update but if this is version 7 of their OS and there still isn't PUSH then don't hold your breath, just download the GMail app.
    I think the issue is more on Google's side than Apple's. Other email providers using imap like Yahoo support push.
    09-26-2013 08:28 AM
    It's completely a google issue. They removed push as of a certain date (can't remember what it was). Any device set up before then is fine and keeps push but any device set up after that can only get fetch. Basically, google have removed it, you can't get it back if you've got a new device & that's why personally, I have abandoned gmail mail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-03-2013 07:35 AM