Going on day 3 of this unnerving experience...

We have a Google Apps domain and have continued to use "Google Sync" on our iOS devices (iPhones and iPads) under the Exchange settings to ensure push email within the stock Mail.app

As of a few days ago, mail started coming in severely delayed... sometimes as little as 10 minutes, sometimes an hour or more. In all instances, incoming mail would hit our mailboxes on the Gmail website instantly, and show up in desktop-based IMAP clients almost immediately as well. Not only did the alerts not come through on our devices, even doing a manual inbox refresh didn't bring the messages in right away (despite the bottom of the mail app screen saying "Updated" with the current time).

This hit multiple devices on multiple accounts within our domain simultaneously. We've tried everything we can think of, including deleting and restoring the accounts on our devices, and turning off and back on Google Sync in our Google domain settings. Nothing has helped.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I've (at least for now) added the same email account using IMAP settings. While I don't have push, messages at least load in when I enter the mailbox. I have no desire to use the Gmail app (or any other 3rd party app) as I have other non-Gmail-based accounts already in the stock app. Does anyone have experience with any of the 3rd party push notifiers that will either check Gmail or receive a notification forwarded from Gmail, and that will let me go from the notification right to my inbox?

Thanks!!!!!!

AMG
    05-26-2013 12:49 AM
    Thank you for your post. We have been having the exact same problem. I called google support and they say they are aware of the issue for a "small subset" of users and are working to resolve. no ETA. Let me know if you get this fixed and I will too. Thanks!

this is driving me nuts!
    05-26-2013 07:16 AM
    Using windows phone, until I can get an iphone in Sept, and the same thing has been happening to me. Was thinking it was the stupid phone, which wouldn't surprise me, until I checked gmail status. It was down. Funny thing is, I had no problems with it on my iPad. Mail never stopped coming thru on time.
    05-26-2013 02:59 PM
    Multiple Google apps domains here. No problems with any of them (that I've noticed).
    05-26-2013 09:52 PM
    Same problem here. I have a paid google apps account and have noticed that I have lost push. Mail can take 15+ minutes. I use the "send mail as" another email address feature, which I believe is only available on Exchange Sync and not in IMAP, so I can't use the IMAP. This is really a problem.
    05-27-2013 09:57 PM
    going on 5 days.... still no resolution. Driving me nuts. I was using exchange sync for Iphone and Blackberry Q10, anyone else using multiple devices? maybe that the problem? I have since deleted the sync from the Q10, but Iphone problems remain. thanks
    05-28-2013 09:38 AM
    going on 5 days.... still no resolution. Driving me nuts. I was using exchange sync for Iphone and Blackberry Q10, anyone else using multiple devices? maybe that the problem? I have since deleted the sync from the Q10, but Iphone problems remain. thanks
    According to THIS, the last "widespread disruption was 27 minutes ago in regard to gmail.
    05-28-2013 09:58 AM
    05-28-2013 10:17 AM
    I have the same strange problem, it started about 3 or 4 days ago and I have tried everything. But I am glad to know now that it isn't just me....
    I hope that Google is able to fix this anytime soon now
    05-28-2013 11:13 AM
    05-28-2013 08:24 PM
    Hi,

is there already a solution for this? we have the same problem here.
    05-29-2014 06:19 PM