I am looking to get a iphone 5, leaving BB. I use a lot of email Gmail for personal and exchange for work. I also use calendar for both. Does the new IOS6 sync both well? I have seen a few posts that exchange stops syncing after awhile. Is anybody using both email types that can give me some guidance?
    Thanks
    10-23-2012 12:10 PM
    Exchange has always worked great for me on iOS. There have been a few issues that some people are
    experiencing with iOS 6. But, I don't think they're issues that Apple won't fix in a 6.0.1 update.

- - - Updated - - -

Exchange has always worked great for me on iOS. There have been a few issues that some people are
    experiencing with iOS 6. But, I don't think they're issues that Apple won't fix in a 6.0.1 update.
    10-23-2012 01:28 PM
    I am looking to get a iphone 5, leaving BB. I use a lot of email Gmail for personal and exchange for work. I also use calendar for both. Does the new IOS6 sync both well? I have seen a few posts that exchange stops syncing after awhile. Is anybody using both email types that can give me some guidance?
    Thanks
    I, too, am a former Blackberry user and I can tell you that your leap to the iPhone should be pleasant and should meet your needs, especially in regard to email. I have gmail (setup via Exchange) and it syncs flawlessly with my device. Setting up your gmail via the Microsoft Exchange setup is self explanatory. The only information you need to remember is the server (m.google.com). Really, it's very simple.
    fire6 likes this.
    10-23-2012 01:37 PM
    Thanks for the info. I have one more question. If I install Gmail and work email both on exchange can I have different notification tones to differentiate between the two accounts?
    10-26-2012 09:13 AM
    Thanks for the info. I have one more question. If I install Gmail and work email both on exchange can I have different notification tones to differentiate between the two accounts?
    In iOS 6 you can have different alerts per email account.
    10-26-2012 09:21 AM
    The only thing you will miss is the led...and even that you'll forget about after a short while
    fire6 likes this.
    10-26-2012 12:25 PM
    Thanks
    Set up your personal gmail as exchange as well. Works like a champ.

Good Luck
    10-26-2012 10:40 PM
    In iOS 6 you can have different alerts per email account.
    And to set those up be sure to look in Settings/Notifications instead of Sounds.
    10-27-2012 01:07 PM